COMPUTER TELEVISION

Sponsored Links
I was deleting some unused programmes on my computer last night including one called Zattoo. Today I got my subscribers copy of a computer mag and it gives a very good account of Zattoo. Do any of you guys use or have used this download and if so what's your opinion of it?

PS My son has just told me that he downloaded it but never used it.

bolo,
So you read CA too.
Just downloaded the Zattoo to try it and it seems OK at the moment. It is dependant on your download speed to some extent but the picture is fine even when on full screen.
Give it a go now that you have the instructions in the mag.
dave

Cheers for that Dave. As I said above I had it already but because the desktop is so cluttered with numerous icons, I never saw it. And yes I read the CA from cover to cover but rarely put any of the suggestions to good use. The kids like the new sites, the games and the workshops.

When you use Zattoo are you watching programmes live or are they the previous weeks programmes?

Sponsored Links
I have a haupagge NOVA-T tv card, works perfectly although the electronic programme guide (EPG) is bit of a pain.

I use it to record films onto the pc, which I then edit to remove the ads etc and then burn onto dvd.

When you use Zattoo are you watching programmes live or are they the previous weeks programmes?
Bolo,
They are streamed live as they are transmitted. Because of streaming they may be about 2 seconds behind the live TV in the other room which can be annoying if you can hear that one but see the picture 2 sec later.

As for your cluttered desktop, if you are using XP, you can make the icons half the size and also space them better.
If you want to have a go, post back in a new thread and we can go through it.
dave

ive got a t.v card on my desktop and been running it for the last few years, about 8mths ago i ran another coax cable from the sky dish(sky +)pluged in my spare decoder and re scaned the t.v program and it picked it up and i now watch sky upstairs through the computer,which i too can record onto the hard drive,and as others have said it condenses everything into 1 unit.

As for your cluttered desktop, if you are using XP, you can make the icons half the size and also space them better.
Dave, if they were any smaller I wouldn't see them. For some reason my kids like to access everything straight from the desktop and that is the main reason for the clutter. However, while we're on the subject do you know if it is possible to remove things eg iTunes, from the quick launch and put it elsewhere.

Bolo,
Just click and hold the icon and drag it to the desktop, then release to drop it where you want. It will need a double clcik to open the program from there.

Or you could just right click it and select Delete. Then go to All Programs and right click the program, point at Send To and select Desktop (shortcut).

dave

You could try Zattoo for a while, it's free. I decided I wanted to have TV in the Study for when I'm on the PC. I was going to purchase a TV Card etc but decided to try out Zattoo. The picture is good but I find I hardly bother with it so it saved me the money for the TV Card I would probably never have used!

http://zattoo.com/

Sponsored Links
Back