Concealed cistern unit has no access panel

Sponsored Links
Victoria Plumb are useless. I've had two issues with them and neither they have been able to help me on. Cheap prices = cheap made products and cheap service.
Anyway... ignore the scruffy battens I used but here is what I did in the end and it works perfectly. Brackets used were from screwfix, really cheap and perfect for the job. Panel is held nice and tight. Plenty of space left for the cistern even with the batterns.
Thanks everyone for your help. Its really appreciated.

Sorted James...looking good :)

I'd send a cursory note to VP explaining and showing them what you had to do to make their pile of firewood serviceable :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks James - should save me hours of head scratching!

Wife bought one of these "things" after doing her research (!!) so I could install quickly before we had a valuer round - if only she had seen the reviews....................

Better have a look at the pan I suppose

I'm just having exactly the same problems with this same unit. At first I had figured I would fit the cistern to the wall and then just "place" the unit over the top but the part of the cabinet to hang the cistern on is at the same height as the noggin in my wall :(. But I've already tiled and don't fancy hanging the cistern off just plasterboard & tile. I also stupidly purchased the top suggested cistern on the website with the side entry like the OP. They do a bottom inlet which would be much more suitable for this unit but they never bothered checking or mentioning that what they were sending me won't actually fit :mad:. Don't suppose anyone has any experience with the this basin unit from the range? The unit comes complete with a top on it and the basin separate (obviously). But there are no fixing points whatsoever on the basin, I was expecting wall-mount style ones or brackets of some sort but there's nothing. Nor any instructions, I guess sinks are fairly self explanatory but with no fixings I'm a but stumped, can't just plonk it on top and hope a bit of silicone holds it. Not fitted vanity style units before so no idea whether to remove the top or cut it like a kitchen counter? Contacted customer support and they said the unit isn't even supplied with a top on it so they obviously have no idea about their own products. When I asked whether to remove it or cut it they said they guess I could do either. Sigh. Thanks to the OP for posting some solutions, may go down that bracket route too. If anyone has any suggestions on the basin that would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the compliments :)
Looking at their pictures it doesn't have a top so I don't think cutting it would be the correct route.
I have the version where the basin sits on top and yet again a crap design, nothing holds it apart from gravity. Unfortunately apart from silicone or glue I don't think there are many other options. Potentially a custom bracket that goes over the thread of the plug hole when you attach that. If you go down that route you may wish to sell the design to VP.

I hate these things from ViccyP!! In my experience all you can really use is gripfill/silicone. :(

By the time you've cored a hole in the top for the waste and the way the basin waste holes are moulded then the waste usually isn't long enough to extend far enough below the bottom of the vanity top, have enough space to put a bracket on it and then have the trap fitting tighten properly up to it.

Tried lots of different things with these feckin things.

I've found the more secure way is to router a channel a couple of mill into the top, the same shape as the ridges on the bottom of the basin and then gripfill or silicone into that, so the basin has a notch to sit into, then a good quality silicone fillet around the base.
If you haven't got access to a router then just the gripfill/silicone, just roughen up the surface and just warn everyone not to be tap dancing on it :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back