Concrete by wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is classed as a disaster or not. but builders just finished building a wall but poured excess cement in the dug out hole and now I cant plant any plants in there. Would it be right I ask them to dig it out?

Sponsored Links
Its coming out about 18 inches to 2ft away from the wall, that means I cant plant anything there, They were working on a neighbours garden too and I think they dumped cement from her garden into mine. They then covered it with top soil which I didnt want and I dug out and found all the cement. Im getting error message trying to upload photos. Anyones thoughts on this please?

Sponsored Links
That does sound excessive, I assume there will be a small foundation for the wall, a 6" spread if even that from the wall would be par for the course. I'd ask him to take a look and explain why there is so much concrete and how it makes the border unusable.

Is this in a limited area or the length of the wall?

upload_2021-7-26_16-49-51.png

make some raised beds to put the flowers in, make sure it doesnt go over the dpc

Seems too much to be just disposal of excess concrete. Excess from where, How does anybody over-order by that amount? Are you sure it isn't actually the foundation for the wall - maybe the ground conditions aren't great and the foundation needed to be wide?

I assumed foundations would be much lower than that, these foundations are inches down from the soil level.

Neighbour had lot of cementing done too, there lots of patches of concrete elswhere in garden too
upload_2021-7-26_19-6-0.png

I dug under to see if there were more foundations under the wall but there is not, they didnt go down to the subsoil, I just want to know if this is ok or not?
upload_2021-7-31_12-30-29.png

Sponsored Links
Back