Condensation from flue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

can anyone explain why my new boiler (worcester 28i) junior has all this steam coming out the flue, i know its a condensing boiler but what is the science behind why its more visible in cold weather, it wasn't like this in the summer, well know where near as bad help!!!

alex

Sponsored Links
In the great Mr Enfield's words 'Kaam Down, Kaam Down'!

You may also notice that in cold weather, your breath appears as steam. This doesn't happen in summer.

When warm moist air meets cold air, the moisture condenses. This poduces tiny water droplets, ie. steam.

It's perfectly normal. Look at other people's boiler flues when they are on at this time of year. They're all doing it! ;)

thanks for the reply mate, how come my neighbours old worcester cdi boiler doesn't do it, there flue gases seem a lot hotter when i put my hand in front of it :confused:

Your flue gasses have been cooled inside your more efficientboiler than your neighbours which is a non condensing model.All modern boilers now emit cooler flue gasses.In short the heat has been transferred to your system water.

Sponsored Links
Is that because the boiler cools the flue gases and that makes them warm instead of hot, and they contain moisture an that is why its so visable in colder weather,

is it a bit like when you see fog in a field ie the warm damp moisture from the ground meets the cold air ence why you see fog??

:confused: cheers guys

in a word, yes.

main.php

?

Well that has cleared that up, goodness me the amount of heating engineers i'v asked that to an none of them new!!!

smashing picture ;)

It's just like your car exhaust. When you start on a cold day you get loads of steam. As the exhaust heats up you get less and less. After 10 mins you don't see the steam any more as it is hot and dissipates before it can condense into a visible plume.

It's just like your car exhaust. When you start on a cold day you get loads of steam. As the exhaust heats up you get less and less. After 10 mins you don't see the steam any more as it is hot and dissipates before it can condense into a visible plume.

so how is that like that then? stick to what you know...nothing.

so how is that like that then? stick to what you know...nothing.

Err - how is it NOT like it eh? You clearly are clueless when it come to physics.

Come on Dumbo - prove the laws of science wrong. (he won't).

joe- sort of right. certainly with non condensors. with condensors, of set up correctly they will 'steam' most of the time.

hagi :D

سوف اثنين وقف المشاحنات في كل وقت؟

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back