Condensation from flue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on then prove to me that is wrong. (he won't).

Sponsored Links
Does anyone else think I'm wrong?

The Mighty Joe-90 is NEVER wrong. :p

ive highlighted your errors, if you cant see than your obviously clueless. You have not the first clue about science, boilers, heating or plumbing so do everyone a favour and f%$$ off.

Sponsored Links

ive highlighted your errors, if you cant see than your obviously clueless. You have not the first clue about science, boilers, heating or plumbing so do everyone a favour and f%$$ off.

It's no good being abusive to hide your stupidity. No-one else is supporting your astonishing dopiness. Bet you're starting to feel a bit lonely eh? Worra plonka. :rolleyes:

speak for yourself dopey. You started the insults. short memory you have.

Your wrong joe a gas boiler and system should be set up to a certain flow and return temp and as it gets hot it will carry on condensing and you will continue to see the steam because it doesnt go past the point that the flue gases condense
unlike a car that gets that hot it passes the point at which the exhaust fumes can be seen in condensed form

It's all down to the temperature that water vapour can remain as water vapour. Whether it is in a cold car exhaust or a condensing boiler the principle is the same. The vapour reaches a point when it is no-longer able to remain as a vapour - and so condenses. In a cold car exhaust you see a plume of water droplets expelled into the air and water dribbles out the end. Exactly the same thing occurs in a condensing boiler.

In a hot exhaust it doesn't reach that critical temperature and is then expelled as a gas. In an old boiler a very similar thing occurs.

It's schoolboy physics.

Yes its school boy physics . But you said it was like a car exhaust.
That was a very poor example to give as the temp of that is not controlled like a condensing boiler which is set up to a certain temp range to continue to condense and be visible

But the OP wanted to know why a condensing boiler was different in plume output to an earlier non-condenser.

In this regard the exhaust explanation is entirely accurate. It's all to do with temperature and a few other things (Boyle's Law).

I think joe's explanation to a novice, is a decent enought answer, at least it allows you to grasp the idea, explained in the simplest of terms.

(Sorry Forum :oops: )

so then can we have a final verdict on this ? something that is facts please!!

Condensors, if set up correctly will 'steam' most of the time.
But if the boiler is condensing, all the water vapour in the flue gasses are turned into water, which exits via the condensor pipe into the drain. So steam coming out of the flue pipe would suggest that the boiler is not condensing.

The way of confirming this is see how the amount of "steam" varies with the return temperature of the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back