Confusing shower

23 Oct 2016
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi, first time poster so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am a tenant of a rented property and don't want to bug my landlord/ pay for a Plummer to fix this. The shower head fitting on my fixed shower arm (think changing room type shower) snapped while I was adjusting the ball head in the shower a few days ago.

I've decided to try and fix it/ replace the shower arm myself. I took the arm off the wall (the only thing holding it on was a screw into the wall) to find a length of 15mm copper pipe and no other fittings.

The way I see it I can buy the exact same shower arm and replace it or fit something new. I'm leaning towards something new as it was pretty cheap and nasty in the first place and it was also fairly old so a quick google shows a new version of the model which, as far as I can tell, has some differing specs that may cause issues.

The problem now is I can't work out how to attach a shower arm/ hose to a straight bit of copper pipe. Obviously there are fittings that can be soldered in to place but that involves a bit too much permanent change for my liking.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Send us a pic of the pipe in the wall and the fitting in the arm that it pushes onto. It may just have seals in there that act as a pushfit and that's all you do. Pushfit it onto the arm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links