connecting cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to wire a free standind cooker its brand new and it has come with a 2.5 heat resistant flex

the cooker supply has a 32a b type mcb with rcd protection , 6mm2 going from the mcb to a cooker socket then to a cooker outlet

what would be the best way to connect the cooker

i havent seen a cooker come with a flex before :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
What is the kw rating of the cooker?

You can probably just wire this flex to the cooker outlet, but would be sensible to confirm the kW first.

i need to wire a free standind cooker its brand new and it has come with a 2.5 heat resistant flex

the cooker supply has a 32a b type mcb with rcd protection , 6mm2 going from the mcb to a cooker socket then to a cooker outlet

what would be the best way to connect the cooker

i havent seen a cooker come with a flex before :rolleyes:

And you claim to be a sparky?? :eek:

rflighting its my surename by the way :evil:

im not sure what the kw is it dosent say on it with it being a 2.5mm2 flex i havent seen a 2.5 flex on a cooker before could i change the mcb?

Sponsored Links
If the manufacturer has specified it then I don't see the issue.

Providing the MCB matches the spec for the cooker then yes, what is the rating of the cooker?

you have your DI but don't know how to look on the back of a cooker at the rating plate that is required by law to be there?

you say this is a new cooker.. is that new to you or brand new?

if it's ex-display then the flex may have been used to connect it up for demonstration purposes only ( ie lights, display etc.. )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back