connecting up my oil tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
finally got the time to do this.
I thought that most oil tanks took a standard 1 1/12" to 1/2 " reducer from the oil tank and then a 1/2 " elbow and on to that attach the gate valve and any other sundries such as a gauge and a filter.

When i went to do this i found that the reducer and the elbow do not seem to bring the pipe work out far enough from the tank in order to attach and tighten the gate valve.
I am trying to keep the number of joints to a minimum to reduce the chance of leaks.

All i need to do is get the pipe work out another inch from the tank in order to connect my fittings.

Should i just connect a 1/2 " M/F on to the reducer before attaching the elbow or does anyone else have any solutions.

The tank is a 1100Ltre SL Harlequin tank.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
a straight m/f will have to be made with a nipple and a socket.....elbows and bends and obtuse(45degree) come in m/f or f/f

You need to get yourself a oil tank extension tail, They come in two lenghts, standard for an unbunded tank and extended for bunded.
Any heating supplier should have this in stock. Screws into the tank and leaves a 1/2" female socket for your fittings. Remember that the tank should not have a sight gauge unless it is in a built bund, most come with senders and recievers (electronic).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back