Connection problem

You're really that worried about the whole watt or so it uses?

It uses 10w.

Anyways, it looks like you're all right and I'm wrong, however I'm not happy as my mum's telly set on fire a few years ago. (18 watts in standby) .

Thinking back, it wasn't as bad when it was Tiscali then they did something to the line one night a few weeks ago.

So I'll get a new router soon, if I can figure out what to buy, as I don't like this being too hot.

Thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
You're really that worried about the whole watt or so it uses?

It uses 10w.

Anyways, it looks like you're all right and I'm wrong, however I'm not happy as my mum's telly set on fire a few years ago. (18 watts in standby) .

Thinking back, it wasn't as bad when it was Tiscali then they did something to the line one night a few weeks ago.

So I'll get a new router soon, if I can figure out what to buy, as I don't like this being too hot.

Thanks. :)

You seem deluded about power consumption? A TV taking 18 watts in standby? Did you measure that? or was that the reason it burned to death? A router that receives 12V via a transformer is too hot? Yes the router gets hot, but worry for the transformer, that's where the power is.

Do you realise that eqipment left online, is better for power efficiency than equipment that is continually switched off?

Do you think that the tills and servers at Asda are turned off overnight to save electricity? or to maintain reliability? How many things can fail at bootup, but when a computer is running, don't fail?

Have you ever used an ATM? Do they turn them off overnight? It's a PC, running some software, is it better to keep switching it off every day?

I never read so much tosh.

Well.. a few questions, followed by an assault there!

You seem deluded about power consumption? A TV taking 18 watts in standby? Did you measure that?

Yes, I measured it. How does that make me deluded? The reason it set of fire was because of a coil or something. I was just responding to other statements about wattage use.

Do you realise that eqipment left online, is better for power efficiency than equipment that is continually switched off?

Nope, didn't know that it's more power efficient if left on 24 hours instead of about 3 or 4.

As to your other questions about Asda and ATM's... I'm sorry, I can't help you there.

You seem deluded about power consumption? A TV taking 18 watts in standby? Did you measure that?

Yes, I measured it. How does that make me deluded? The reason it set of fire was because of a coil or something. I was just responding to other statements about wattage use.

Nope, didn't know that it's more power efficient if left on 24 hours instead of about 3 or 4.

As to your other questions about Asda and ATM's... I'm sorry, I can't help you there.

When switching a Sky TV box to standby, it consumes exactly the same power as if it was switched on.

Eqipment is better left on, than in standby, as standby or off kills the equipment.

See the Gadget Show from last week or two, for details.

Sponsored Links

When switching a Sky TV box to standby, it consumes exactly the same power as if it was switched on.

Eqipment is better left on, than in standby, as standby or off kills the equipment.

See the Gadget Show from last week or two, for details.

Give us a link then -
Is it this.....Bye bye standby....

http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/videos/news/sd-as-d

Back