Connector block for lamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a new multi bulb ceiling lamp which requires assembly. That's fine but there is no provision for joining the wires together.

Is there a recommended type of block or whatever that would do the job?

I have two wires from each bulb, so 15 brown and 15 blue, that have to connect to the main brown/blue feed in the fitting, this then connects to the feed from the ceiling in the usual way. It's the amount of wires in the fitting itself that needs a connector that can accommodate 15+1 brown and 15+1 blue.

I could use a multi block but would have to jump all of the entry's for continuity to the feed, so I thought I would ask if there is something easier.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
surely all the internal wiring should be already connected and tested by the manufacturer and how bright is this thing going to be with 15 lamps??

Sponsored Links
Some assembly is always required, you can't send them through the post built up.

15 low wattage dimmable led's will be fine. It's not really about the number of lamps.

I'll use some Wago connectors and daisy chain them.

Thanks.

Some assembly is always required, you can't send them through the post built up.
Some mechanical assembly may be needed, but there are no circumstances where the manufacturer of a light fitting can be sending it out with the internal wiring incomplete and expecting the end user to source connectors for it.

Did this piece originate from ebay or some similar online wasteland?

Found the bits taped inside part of the lamp in the bottom of the box, some crimps and a block, so the fitting is legit, everyone calm down. I'll use Wagos anyway rather than crimps.

can you do some pics of what they supplied/expect you to use as I for one am intrigued.

Yeah, here you go. Should be fairly straightforward from here...(y)
IMG20240104210408.jpg
IMG20240104210529.jpg

How are you going to crimp those connectors correctly as I assume you don't have the a tool with the correct dies.
That is appalling that the manufacturer expects the end user to be able crimp those connectors!

Some mechanical assembly may be needed, but there are no circumstances where the manufacturer of a light fitting can be sending it out with the internal wiring incomplete and expecting the end user to source connectors for it.

Did this piece originate from ebay or some similar online wasteland?
Did this piece originate from ebay or some similar online wasteland? Ohh BINGO on that comment. :)

How are you going to crimp those connectors correctly as I assume you don't have the a tool with the correct dies.
That is appalling that the manufacturer expects the end user to be able crimp those connectors!
Those white things look like "wire nuts" and not crimp connectors. If wire nuts then those are not something we use round here!
Need to see if there is a threaded piece inside to be sure.
The video below shows how to use them (not a recommendation).
Personally, I would use Wagos, or choc block - I see you are provided with a 3-way strip!

Note that this fitting must be earthed. Please, please do this - its your safety.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back