Conservatives lose majority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Do you think that is good, to be de selected, by voting for what you belive and support?

Is that not forcing an MP to NOT represent his constituency ? Surely the MP is there to represent his constituency to Government and not to force Government policy onto them?

Doesn't matter if you agree with your MP's view, but surely he MUST act in what he believes is correct, without fear or favour ?

If the Brexit vote was done in constituencies then yes, that would be it but it wasn’t. It was simply a referendum. In that case, it was the duty of the MP's to carry out the wishes of the majority of the electorate. They are there to serve the public. They are not there to give the public what they think is best.

LostMajority.jpg

Sponsored Links
No, not at all.

It is an MP's duty to look after his consituency interests, all of them. He must act on their behalf. Even if you don't agree with the MP, you must have faith that he will act in a RESPONSIBLE way.

It is a TOTAL LOSS OF DEMOCRACY to force an MP to vote in any specific way. Forcing the Governments view onto his constituents is morally, and possibly legally, wrong.

Doesn't matter whether you support leave or remain, any MP should vote by his beliefs. That is what is he elected to do!

So, instead of a referendum which wasted the time of over 33 million voters, why didn’t they just let the MP's decide because it seems that what you are saying is that the beliefs of 650 MP's should be able to override the wishes of 33 million voters.

No, not at all.

It is an MP's duty to look after his consituency interests, all of them. He must act on their behalf. Even if you don't agree with the MP, you must have faith that he will act in a RESPONSIBLE way.

It is a TOTAL LOSS OF DEMOCRACY to force an MP to vote in any specific way. Forcing the Governments view onto his constituents is morally, and possibly legally, wrong.

Doesn't matter whether you support leave or remain, any MP should vote by his beliefs. That is what is he elected to do!

Really? Can you explain this to me then because this is the total opposite of what you are claiming.

Description
A whip is an official of a political party whose task is to ensure party discipline in a legislature. This usually means ensuring that members of the party vote according to the party platform, rather than according to their own individual ideology or the will of their constituents.

They are there to serve the public. They are not there to give the public what they think is best.
Someone still doesn't understand the concept of a 'parliamentary democracy' :rolleyes:

FFS, that's what you wanted when you apparently knew exactly what you were voting for!

Someone still doesn't understand the concept of a 'parliamentary democracy' :rolleyes:

FFS, that's what you wanted when you apparently knew exactly what you were voting for!
As you’ve kindly jumped in here perhaps you can answer my question above.

Honestly this is utter ****.. irrespective of the deal here democracy has died.

What I've failed to respect all along is the low down spineless cvnts hanging onto any way to stop Brexit using any excuse apart from manning up and saying despite the democratic majority voting in favour no we dont want to leave. Instead using every underhand method possible of thwarting the will of the majority here. Shameful.

This will not end well.

In that case, it was the duty of the MP's to carry out the wishes of the majority of the electorate. They are there to serve the public. They are not there to give the public what they think is best

Really?

I guess you dont understand parliamentary democracy then

Ignore the 1 specific vote. Brexit.

And re answer ?

The referendum, which should never have been held without true and full information of both sides being made available, gave a broad outline. It is up to the Government to decide what and how to do that. Which means every MP acting on the best interests of his consituents.

This is not a brexit/leaver argument. It is a democracy argument.
That doesn’t answer my question re your statement that MP's must be free to vote as they think fit. The whip system contradicts this. It seems every remainer is having a scream because Boris has threatened them with expulsion if they go against his policy. What’s the difference between that and the whip system.

https://www.parliament.uk/about/mps-and-lords/principal/whips/

Ignore the 1 specific vote. Brexit.

And re answer ?

The referendum, which should never have been held without true and full information of both sides being made available, gave a broad outline. It is up to the Government to decide what and how to do that. Which means every MP acting on the best interests of his consituents.

This is not a brexit/leaver argument. It is a democracy argument.
Indeed it should be left to the government to decide and not a house full of anti brexit and opposition parties to join forces to topple the government and stop Brexit win win. Theres many mps there acting against the will of their constituents.

What I've failed to respect all along is the low down spineless cvnts

I agree, it is appalling that Johnson should be such a spinelss cvnt and not have the courage to allow parliament to debate no deal.

Also he is spineless for refusing to allow the public to see the yellowhammer report -because he knows it would be damaging to his campaign.

As you’ve kindly jumped in here perhaps you can answer my question above.
I haven't 'jumped in', as anyone is allowed to comment...

And I was merely pointing out that you are obviously quite ignorant about what type of 'democracy' we are ruled by...

And you also obviously don't understand how the party system slots into that 'democracy'...

But how come you didn't know this when you voted to 'take back control'? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back