Conservatory/Orangery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

Just wanted to get some info on the possibility of putting a conservatory/Orangary on the back of my house, I already have an extension.

Is this allowable, do I need planning permission?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you used up your PD rights allowance on the extension or any other developments? I built my connie in spite of having a two storey side extension, without seeking PP. I wasn't bothered about the risk in that I would either ignore the council or remove it if necessary. This was about a decade ago and we have insouciant neighbours.

An orangery can be quite different (in terms of BC) than a connie. Some are defined as largely brick structures with a lantern in the roof and lots of glass and can perform to latest thermal standards. More importantly, they can also be opened up to the existing habitable space unlike a connie.

It depends what you want/expect.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back