Containers for screws and bolts

Sponsored Links
For the smaller sized screws is the colour important? Mine are not silver maybe bzp finish, is this important?
It depends on what you are doing, really. If you are replacing screws in a kitchen where all the other screws are silver, or if you are screwing numbers on a door which are silver, or.... I'm sure you get my drift - if the screws are visible you may need to match the colour, if they aren't visible nobody will notice

Sponsored Links
Over a period of time, I've saved the meal containers which are clear, also non transparent ice cream containers in the past to store bolts,nuts, screws and anything else that needs storing. Labels torn of the box and inside the container in case I change the contents (for the clear ones)

I've just built a workshop so once I start to move stuff into it, time will tell if they are useful,but had adjustable shelving previously so should be ok.

Over a period of time, I've saved the meal containers which are clear, also non transparent ice cream containers in the past to store bolts,nuts, screws and anything else that needs storing. Labels torn of the box and inside the container in case I change the contents (for the clear ones)

I've just built a workshop so once I start to move stuff into it, time will tell if they are useful,but had adjustable shelving previously so should be ok.

In my younger days I had Golden Virginia tobacco tins for things like nails, panel pins etc and for the screws and other odds & sods coffee jars with the lids screwed to the undersides of shelves. All labelled with their contents. To get at the screws you simply twisted the jars off and took out what you needed then screwed it back on to the lid.

That's what my dad did, too. He also rolled his own. Those tins were really useful for keeping hold of small odds and sods

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back