Continuity in soaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know I am sad :LOL:
But does anyone watch out for continuity errors in the soaps?
Coronation street, the clock on mantlepiece in the rovers, shows a different time for each scene, but it never advances?

When did Audery Roberts move? in previous episodes her house was the right hand one of a pair of semi's
In the recent Garry Windass set up, the house is now the left hand house of a pair of semi's.
These are just two observations, can anyone add more? :LOL:

Wotan

Sponsored Links
I don't watch soaps, but I do notice continuity errors in a lot of shows..

for example, in first series of "House MD", Wilsons office is not next to House's, House's flat is different etc..

people actually get paid to notice these things, so they can't be doing a very good job..

I noticed a continuity problem. A couple of years ago, I saw a clever, pleasant and erudite man leading the country. A few weeks later, they had changed our leader to a bumbling inarticulate twerp with few social graces.

1.jpg

Sponsored Links
people actually get paid to notice these things, so they can't be doing a very good job..
That's the trouble these days with cutbacks etc people are multitasking other jobs as well and to save costs in experienced people do jobs they really shouldn't be doing, hence the downturn in quality of output.

This is gettting more and more the case in all walks of life these days due to accountants getting involved in stuff they dont understand.

What I want to know is whose looking into the cost effectiveness of the accountants themselves :evil:

Remember seeing a film about the English civil war and one of the guys had a watch on. :LOL:
Must admit I always look at clocks and have often seen them with different times on American drama shows even though the actors seem to be having a steady conversation.

I have a hip flask. It's stainless steel with a black PVC coating and I bought it from Argos about ten years ago. Can anybody tell me one way or the other whether this same hip flask was in production during the fifties, because that's when the detective series Jericho was set. I saw it again in the more recent series George Gently which is set in 1964. :?: :?: :?:

PS: Is that picture of Jack Sparrow for real or did somebody edit the label in? It's hard to imagine that the cosume department could be that stupid. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PS: Is that picture of Jack Sparrow for real or did somebody edit the label in? It's hard to imagine that the cosume department could be that stupid.
__________________As Space Cat says, that label does look like a later addition.

Wotan

Sometime & annoy the wife, because I'm always spotting continuity errors.

Like baddies bursting into a room & shooting (door is open), then the angle changes and they are shooting but the door is closed etc.

Stoppit stoppit stoppit :eek: :LOL:

You all need to get out more (or some) Christ on a bike, who cares where Audrey Roberts lives or if the clock has jumped forward an hour in some carppy soap :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Heres an ERROR full stop in coronation street. Thinking you can recieve a visiting order from a prisoner, then BOOKING IT AND VISITING THEM via TAXI (cos its just round the bloody corner) all on the SAME DAY!!!

GET REAL!

Here's how it really works.
*Prisoner send order. If its with their free weekly stamp it'll take 4 days (2nd class).
*Visitor gets order. Looks on calender and finds a suitable gap on a prison visiting day in their calender in 10 days.
*Visitor waits until the phone lines open in the visiting office (normally 2 hour slot per day in the evening, mon-fri, most of which time its engaged).
*Visitor books visit.
*10 days later, visitor gets in CAR and travels the 50 miles to the "nearest suitable" prison.
*When visitor arrives at prison he/she goes through several layers of security (INCLUDING REMOVAL OF ALL PERSONAL BELONGINGS) before being allowed to see prisoner for 2 hours. Should allow 4 hours at the prison (arrive early for best seats and longest time etc). Including a couple of hours drive each way, then theres no chance of going and sewing knickers at underworld afterwards!

So coronation street writers need to do their research!

Sponsored Links
Back