Cooker Hood Help

SUNRAY said:
As so many posters on here state, including you; The OCD it 0nly there to protect the cable. So in order to comply with the UK regs, (that is where I live and why I spend time in this forum called ELECTRICS UK) the flex requires protection with an OCD somewhat smaller than 16A. In the UK we are fortunate enough to have some better requirements and facilities than in those other countries you keep bleating on about...
Not if the correct flex is fitted, I believe 1.5mm is OK for 16amp.
So proof yet again winston has no idea what he is trying to say.
I don't understand why Winston has such an aversion to lighting circuits on what I believe the most popular size cable to use on lighting circuits. Especially as, generally speaking, the cost of 1.5mm² T&E is frequently negotiated down below the cost of 1.0mm² T&E.
...it is unnecessary and a waste of the planets valuable resources of copper...

...1.5mm is better for longer runs?
Yes it would pass electrical regs, but absolutely no point and a waste of copper and money.
1.5 mm is oversized, harder to use, costs more, and is a waste of the planets valuable supplies of copper.
This is only a tiny sample of similar comments.
All of which are correct of course.
So just confirming you are advocating using an unnecessarily large cable and deliberately wasting our planets valuable diminishing resources of copper for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back