Cooker Hood Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a cooker hood to fit via an FSU (Ok with that principle) Nearest unspurred Point I can take from is the Cooker ring, Is that safe practice? The nearest other point that I could spur is already spurred, but only powering lighting units under some cabinets, so it won't be pulling much. So my question is can I run the hood from the cooker ring, or alternatively swap the lights onto the cooker ring and put the hood on the main ring. Any recommendations appreciated.

Sponsored Links
the lights and the fan could both be supplied from the same FCU with a 3A or 5A fuse supplied from the socket circuit (or could be supplied from the lighting circuit).

Don't use the cooker supply.

The cooker circuit is not a ring.

This is notifiable work as it is in a kitchen.

Thanks JohnD much appreciated. I though as much. Good / common practice would be to place the FCU as wortkop level and channel up to the hood, and terminate (say) in the chimney with a 3 pin socket?

Sponsored Links
flex outlet, not a socket.

Put it up high where it is visible, but it will not catch the eye. Not inside the chimney where it will get very dirty and is not visible when you need to take the hood off.

Cable run shopuld be directly vertical from FCU to outlet, not diagonal, not curved, not angled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back