cooker switch with socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced an old cooker switch and socket - however the new socket will only work when the cooker switch is set to ON. Is this correct and does it depend on the type of switch used because the old socket worked even when cooker switch set to OFF.

Sponsored Links
Your feelings are lagging - Part P is already here, and has been since Jan 1st.

What about it, anyway?

Sponsored Links
Does the CCU have 2 switches, one for the socket and one for the cooker?

Do the instructions or technical specs indicate whether it's supposed to work like this?

yes 2 switches - no instructions with it. I was just wondering whether cooker switches can work in this way.

Diyisfun

I feel PART P coming along

ban-all-sheds

Your feelings are lagging - Part P is already here, and has been since Jan 1st.

What about it, anyway?

I was trying to be funny, but its Monday & you are you.

I'm all for being funny but including an answer in the post as well is what I thought the site was all about.

gibbo67

I'm all for being funny but including an answer in the post as well is what I thought the site was all about.
I usually give an answer,
But its Kitchen electrics. !!!!!!!!!
The normal reply is related to Part P.

My last reply was directed, but not to you.

Any way the sun is shinning & I am going home soon.

I do hope you get it sorted.

you mean you switch the cooker switch off when the cooker is off? we leave ours on all the time, or else the oven looses the time, and its electronically controlled gas so it doesnt like being switched off. if you do the same (leave it on), your problem will cause you no great hardship.

Diyisfun said:
But its Kitchen electrics. !!!!!!!!!
So?
What's wrong with giving people advice about kitchen electrics?

The normal reply is related to Part P.

Any way the sun is shinning & I am going home soon.
When you return would you please tell us what you think Part P says about replacing cooker control units?

what about answering the question!!!!

including an answer in the post as well is what I thought the site was all about.

considering you are here asking for help, it may be in your favour not to behave in such a rude demeanor.

I feel PART P coming along

part p wouldn't affect this job. besides, even if it did, so what?

help 'em out if you can, contribute to the forums, continue to joke and mess around. then let the recipient decide whether or not they want to stick to part p.

Check you have the live and neutral from the feed cable going into the L & N in or feed, and the cable from the cooker connected to the L & N out or supply. It is possible you may have got them reversed or mixed up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back