Cooker switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, when i moved into my current place i had a electric cooker switch which was damaged, but everything else has been wired up so far

so i have replaced the cooker switch and installed it, however oddly enough the power LED above the cooker switch never goes off yet when you switch the cooker switch off it turns the socket next to it off instead but the socket next to which has a switch only turns the socket on/off too :confused:

is it possible i have connect the wiring the wrong way around ie socket to cooker and cooker to socket

/thanks,

Sponsored Links
Metropolis

It sounds to me like you have connected the Supply to the Load terminals, and the Load to the Suppply terminals.

The neon is connected to the Load side of the switch, so if you had done what I think, the neon will always be on even though the switch turns the cooker on and off.

Moulded into the back of the switch it probably says "Load" and "Supply"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back