Cooking chilli

i make my own chillie sauce 1/3 a tin off chopped tomatoes in a jar 10 teaspoons hot chillie pepper 5 paprika 5 mixed herbs and 5 mint 1/3 more toms 10 more spoons hot chillie pepper 1/3 tube tom purree last off the chop tomatoes mix well with a fork making shure you have even distribution off ingredients do NOT lick the fork unless you like extra extra EXTRA hot chillie sauce as the fork is likly to have chillie pepper stuck to it
you can add 4 spoons off chillie flakes or crushed chillies for apearence but they wont add much to the heat as its already on fire hot

you will need a minimum off a half litre container to contain the sauce

this sauce is better spooned or with a knife becase off the occasional bit off tomato or seed that will block a squeezy bottle top

Sponsored Links
does chilli need to be hot?

no but if it is you can use varying amounts in your cooking to get the correct heat/taste

mild chillie is around the same price per kilo but you use 4 times as much for the same strength and taste so costs 4 times more

Sponsored Links
I made it at weekend )first attempt)

Some mince, tinned plum tomotoes, 2 chilis (finely cut), green/black olives (finely chopped), kidney beans, baked beans, onion

tasted ok

I made it at weekend )first attempt)

Some mince, tinned plum tomotoes, 2 chilis (finely cut), green/black olives (finely chopped), kidney beans, baked beans, onion

tasted ok
Tell the truth

Have to also add a good dose of bitter dark chocolate to it, a good squeeze of lime juice (fresh) and more garlic than you can shake a stick at.

Mmm. Chilli. Might have to make some this week :D

Have to also add a good dose of bitter dark chocolate to it, a good squeeze of lime juice (fresh) and more garlic than you can shake a stick at.

Mmm. Chilli. Might have to make some this week :D

Bloke in work told me this morning to add the chocolate

Kidney beans have no business being in chili con carne. :evil:

Don't forget to add cocoa powder.

Sponsored Links
Back