cooking whole trout

markie said:
My spelling is getting worse, program :oops: ( must stop drinking ) :LOL:

Rich i take it you've never see the american series lost, ?

Markie, mate I was jesting, I know the programme you mean but never watched it.

Sponsored Links
Did you get them from aldi?

I usually just wash and scale them, sprinkle with a bit of sea salt, fry them in a pan with some butter for about 3 minutes on each side, after they are done add some chopped chives to the butter with a bit of white wine and set that simmer for bit, then pour that over the trout and serve.

I don't like trout but hubby likes the way I cook them for him.

Stuff them with flaked almonds and a few tiny splodges of butter, wrap them in some non-stick paper or greased greaseproof paper and then bake in the oven on about 180 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.

Sponsored Links
Brightness said:

Stuff them with flaked almonds and a few tiny splodges of butter, wrap them in some non-stick paper or greased greaseproof paper and then bake in the oven on about 180 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.

15-20 mins was it still flapping on the plate when you served it to him

How'd the trout go ?
I used to like deep frying chunks of battered trout, make an interesting batter with some form of alcoholic beverage, cider was my fave, yummy :)

B.O.B DOLE said:
Brightness said:

15-20 mins was it still flapping on the plate when you served it to him

Nope it was cooked right through, saying that, I do have a super duper fan oven that seems to cook everything on turbo charged fuel :LOL:

Back