Cordless ratchets/impact wrenches - which brands?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone care to recommend any?

3/8 drive since that's most of my sockets.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on what torque you need.

Nothing fantastic.

Car wheel nuts for the impact wrench.

The ratchet is for speed. I always use the breaker bar to loosen. I'm more interested in a ratchet than an impact wrench.

Well, I have one of these

But it's 1/2" drive so would need an adaptor. Other vendors are available.

The batteries and charger make it eye watering BTW, body only not too bad, but that of course assumes you have any compatible cordless bosch kit.

Sponsored Links
Go for the impact wrench rather than the ratchet, in my opinion.
With these tools, you get what you pay for. I have an 18v Hitachi and likewise a Milwalkee, both with lithium ion batteries of around 3.5 ah. Both machines have a smart charger, case and two batteries.
Seriously, at times I’m disappointed with both, especially when undoing tight nuts.....neither has the guts I would have expected according to the reviews. I think they were over £300 each but I can’t be absolutely certain.
Perhaps more importantly, you must have the black impact sockets when these tools are used.
John :)

I often use my 1/4" hex Makita impact driver with an adapter (either 1/2 or 3/8}.. Works well on wheel nuts. Crack them with a breaker then spin them off with the impact. Much cheaper than the 1/2" socket driver (don't think I've ever seen a 3/8" but you can get adapters) Not as much torque but enough if you crack the nuts first and much faster than doing it all by hand. Useful tool to have anyway, car work is just a bonus.

Back