Corgi HomePlan Ltd - WARNING!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I used to post a lot on here a few years back (over 1000 posts). Not under this username tho. I feel i must write this post as a warning to anyone else who maybe taken in by this crowd.

I am a gasafe registered engineer 232280. I live in herts, my parents in west mids so they took out originally a domestic and general policy on their boiler (ideal isar.....no comments please :D ) in case of breakdown. A single call out for a pcb replacement in 3 years. They were then mailshotted by corgi homeplan who under cut the d&g contract so they took out a policy. 3 weeks ago they started to have hot/cold water so they called em out. Out comes a gs registered eng who after a chat with ideal help desk diagnoses a scaled plate heat ex and says he will be back. 2 weeks later he returns, fits a hot water thermistor and tells my parents (85 and 75) the plate isn't covered. He does however offer to give them a discount if they wish him to fit a new boiler!! Same issue reoccurs suprise suprise and out comes a second engineer who tells them its the plate heat ex and he can't do anything. Neither engineer takes out said plate to check it. He does however feel its ok to send them a quote for nearly 2 grand to fit a new boiler!! I go up to see them this weekend, strip out the plate and guess what....yes clean as a whistle. So i tell em to rebook call. Corgi homeplan tell them no they wont send out another engineer as the problem has been diagnosed and the issue isn't covered.

I called them myself tonight to be fobbed off, no one in charge would speak to me. They refused point blank to give me the name of a director to whom i could email a complaint. I have struggled to find out who owns/runs this outfit. So, in defiance of libel laws here are the people who run such a shower of a company, wont respond to complaints and contracts with incompetent engineers who are more interested in trying to con old people than do the job the are being paid to do. BE WARNED tell anyone who will listen NOT to take out a plan with these people. Shame on CORGI for licensing their name to this scots company.
Directors to whom your conned customers need to contact -
Mark Leslie
Wilma McPherson
Julie Treanor
Kevin Treanor
Address for letters (as they sure wont take calls or emails)
1 MASTERTON PARK
SOUTH CASTLE DRIVE
DUNFERMLINE
FIFE
UNITED KINGDOM
KY11 8NX

Sponsored Links
So if the problem was not the plate then what was it?

Tony

To be honest Agile i think it's a pcb issue. I only wanted to check if the plate was blocked. As they are covered under insurance i didn't want to dig too deeply, it was sunday, i had no parts and it's their insurers responsibilty to fix it.

I am just shocked Corgi will license their name to a company with such a poor engineer base and no way of escalating issues

Sponsored Links
Dan.
I live 3hrs drive away. I had 2hrs there yesterday and have never worked on an ideal before. i had no parts and only wanted to confirm diagnosis. Its the insurers job to fix it not mine. At least i checked the plate which is more tban the 2 engineers did.

As for corgi they changed from d and g in october. I knew nothing of it :cry:

Corgi are no diff to BG in what they will cover, if the system is sludged or scaled it's not covered as the system has either been incorrectly installed or not maintained, wether the plate hex is scaled i don't know & tbh neither do you (you can't tell that just by looking at it or running water through it), Corgi will only pay for 1 hr to work out the problem & they won't pay travelling time either way (not enough time to run through the tests & take out the plate hex as well & they prob didn't have replacement seals anyway if needed), it is not in the engineers remit to give the customer a quote (although Corgi may do this) & if this is what happened then you need to report them to Corgi.

Why did you let them get an Ideal in the first place ? or was it done on the Warmfront scheme

Done under the warmfrknt scheme. I work for heateam, we have to complete safety checks whenever boiler cover is removed. From the time my parents said both engineers were there i seriously doubt either carried out safety checks. I appreciate these guys are subbies but i exl
Pect them to know what they are doing. My parents live in a soft water area have a limefighter fitted and have no other signs of limescale issues on the boiler. I work down towards london and i know what scale is! I dont always get my diagnosis right but i do try to find out whats wrong. Not take a guess and expect to be paid. The plate should at least have been removed (30 mins) to confirm their diagnosis. Neither did.

did you check the pipework to see were the dhw was going?
it would of only taken a few more seconds to remove divereter head and to see if the cartridge pushes in and out
as baxi have a part that is the same as the plastic manifold the cartridge sits in
don't they?

Most pele agree corgi are a shower mate but your digging a hole for yourself... It may well be the plate who can tell its usually favourite,, more likely to b build of magnetite on the plates in the eat exchanger than scale, run some acid through it an see,surely you just want to fix it for them?

Hi All,

I used to post a lot on here a few years back (over 1000 posts). Not under this username tho. I feel i must write this post as a warning to anyone else who maybe taken in by this crowd.

I am a gasafe registered engineer 232280. I live in herts, my parents in west mids so they took out originally a domestic and general policy on their boiler (ideal isar.....no comments please :D ) in case of breakdown. A single call out for a pcb replacement in 3 years. They were then mailshotted by corgi homeplan who under cut the d&g contract so they took out a policy. 3 weeks ago they started to have hot/cold water so they called em out. Out comes a gs registered eng who after a chat with ideal help desk diagnoses a scaled plate heat ex and says he will be back. 2 weeks later he returns, fits a hot water thermistor and tells my parents (85 and 75) the plate isn't covered. He does however offer to give them a discount if they wish him to fit a new boiler!! Same issue reoccurs suprise suprise and out comes a second engineer who tells them its the plate heat ex and he can't do anything. Neither engineer takes out said plate to check it. He does however feel its ok to send them a quote for nearly 2 grand to fit a new boiler!! I go up to see them this weekend, strip out the plate and guess what....yes clean as a whistle. So i tell em to rebook call. Corgi homeplan tell them no they wont send out another engineer as the problem has been diagnosed and the issue isn't covered.

I called them myself tonight to be fobbed off, no one in charge would speak to me. They refused point blank to give me the name of a director to whom i could email a complaint. I have struggled to find out who owns/runs this outfit. So, in defiance of libel laws here are the people who run such a shower of a company, wont respond to complaints and contracts with incompetent engineers who are more interested in trying to con old people than do the job the are being paid to do. BE WARNED tell anyone who will listen NOT to take out a plan with these people. Shame on CORGI for licensing their name to this scots company.
Directors to whom your conned customers need to contact -
Mark Leslie
Wilma McPherson
Julie Treanor
Kevin Treanor
Address for letters (as they sure wont take calls or emails)
1 MASTERTON PARK
SOUTH CASTLE DRIVE
DUNFERMLINE
FIFE
UNITED KINGDOM
KY11 8NX

I need some advice. Am with Corgi home plan. Constantly pressing reset on a Baxi/Potterton Solo 15HE as only way it works. Company/Engineers say it is an "intermittent ignition fault but until the part packs up completely, they can't do anything as they don't know which part of the ignition system needs changing".
They say "don't press we need to see in non operation mode" I wait 2days with no heat for an engineer that tells me ".." above, who then presses the reset button telling me to call if it goes again! Which it does the very next day!

Been pressing reset now since 2015. Written and complained-no response, so had to call them out again as they say "don't press etc"!! Fed up of this treadmill mentality and want to get off it!

I have a contract "if they can't fix-to replace boiler if under 10yrs old. Started contract in 2013-boiler 6yrs old. Been pressing reset since 2015 now!

Is this Company fobbing me off until 10yrs is reached to wriggle out of replacement? Or do they really not know which part to replace? Last December I went without heat or hot water for 22 days as they shut the system off whilst waiting for parts! I am a pensioner with several health issues.

Help?.....anyone!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back