corgi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've been plumbing 2 years and have got my own company been doing mainly bathrooms and rads but i want to do my corgi now so can i have some tips of what the requirements are and price and time scale. thanks

Sponsored Links
No good going for CORGI they are dead in april

look for the gas safe register

:)

all and all you are probably looking at about 5 grand and 2 to 3 years these days would be my guess

Sponsored Links
You'll need NVQ 2 as a minimum. You will also need to compile a gas portfolio whilst working under the supervision of an existing gas fitter.

After you have this you can undertake the ACS assessments, and then proceed to register with the new gas safe register.

There are plenty of places online to research this. A good website for research is the BPEC one.

and then wait ten years to gain any level of credible experience :p

on my assessment there was kitchen fitters with no plumbing qaulifications passing so they could install gas hobs, god help us all!!!

What's the problem? There are gas fitters who should be put down as well.

Was doing a job last year and owner asked if i could install new heating system. Said yes, but illegally, and therefore no!!

While there she got a BG installer round to install boiler and pipes etc - swear he wasn't even 19. Child prodigy or what???!!!

we have all seen jobs that were done by guys who had been doing it for twenty years and still had no idea about what to do.
qualifications and age have little to do with it.
must admit that 19 does seem to be a bit young.

I was chucking in systems at 19

had three years exp with me old dad (the ornery auld sod) behind me

good age 19

:)

should have added that he told me he didn't normally install boilers and that noone came to check his work.

find this frightening!

i was doing it at 12 during 6 weeks hols with me dad he could dress lead slates from flat pieces (dying art)

i was doing it at 12 during 6 weeks hols with me dad he could dress lead slates from flat pieces (dying art)

A dying art not helped by the almost complete disappearance of anywhere doing a proper course in leadwork. Incidentally if anyone knows of anywhere doing a leadwork course (not a roofing one, I'm interested in doing things properly, not bashing a sheet of lead with some 3x2 until it 'looks right') then I'd love to know...

I'm interested in doing things properly, not bashing a sheet of lead with some 3x2 until it 'looks right') then I'd love to know...

you thinking of doing some stained glass windows?? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back