Coronavirus: China rejects call for probe into origins of disease

brig throws in a made-up allegation, then gets peeved when it is pointed out.

Sponsored Links
An interesting hypothesis, trazor.
But how about if other countries, and other statistics are introduced? Does it explode your hypothesis?
For instance, keeping with European countries, Monaco has a pop density of 18,960 people per sq kilometer, yet they have a "death per 1 million" of 102, compared to UK's 465.
There are other examples that explode your hypothesis, e.g. pop density of Gibraltar 5011, death rate per million 0.
and Malta pop density of 1505, death rate 11

Figures taken from Wikipedia, as your pop density figures, and Worldometers.info
I will add, having reviewed my comment, that selecting data to suit your hypothesis (as trazor did) is not conducive to good theoretical research or discussion.

ironically, brig sees himself as the victim.

Sponsored Links
you're backing away from your claim that I am an uncritical supporter of the Chinese government

(which you made up)

I am prepared to accept Chinese figures because they have been open about the entire thing and and real departure would have been leaked out by now. I'd expect the USA and some others maybe to come up with all sorts - it's just the name of the game. To be honest I would treat leaks with some caution as there are always people who aren't happy with their rulers about.

There detection time etc - probably better than some others would be and followed the usual steps.

Envy them the ability to shut down transport at the drop of a hat. Here and elsewhere they would have to declare a state of emergency or spend weeks arguing about it. An ex army politician made some interesting comments about that aspect as have others. Army man didn't see the army as being a method of handling it either as bound by all sorts of cast iron procedures.

China is said to be run by technocrats more than politicians. Experts in various fields who make decisions on that basis. They also had an entirely different style of problem as well.

All countries would reject calls for investigations into their internal affairs.
There is no point in selecting one such instance and using it as an accusation of hiding issues.

One thing that has come out of all this the bias incompetence of WHO. They claim to be completely non political yet advised countries should continue to trade with China early in the outbreak. Also Taiwan told WHO about person to person transmission in December but completely ignored them (because of Chinas relation with them) & didn't even bother replying. They are completely in China's pocket financially & although I'm not a fan, I can see why Trump pulled funding (shortly followed by China increasing WHO's funding. Funny that.

One thing that has come out of all this the bias incompetence of WHO. They claim to be completely non political yet advised countries should continue to trade with China early in the outbreak. Also Taiwan told WHO about person to person transmission in December but completely ignored them (because of Chinas relation with them) & didn't even bother replying. They are completely in China's pocket financially & although I'm not a fan, I can see why Trump pulled funding (shortly followed by China increasing WHO's funding. Funny that.

Taiwan had it's first case well after that. Why people believe all this junk amazes me. Trump cut as the WHO because they wouldn't criticise China - simple full stop. They aren't worthy of that even if the numbers are wrong.

Countries stopping trade with China. Are you kidding ? Obviously not which in this case is distinctly worrying. It's not feasible.

But what has WHO got to do with China & trade? Are you saying that Taiwan are lieing then?

Sponsored Links
Back