Coronavirus v Brexit

Sponsored Links
I am concentrating on the virus......this government arent equipped to put the country or people first, and their coronavirus decisions will be influenced by that.
Could you list the countries that are equipped to put the country and people first?

So, can you explain why some of our bigger European 'partners' - France, Spain, Italy - with smaller populations than us have a higher number of deaths?
If they got infections arriving earlier, which I believe they did, then they'll have more cases, and in turn more deaths at any date, all things being equal. You need to account for the time since the first case in each country. Once you've done that you can compare the effectiveness of a country's measures.

We aren't trying to track the total number of cases in the UK anymore, so the only thing we can track are hospital admissions and deaths. But those numbers should be fairly firm.

Sponsored Links
Oh yeah, China and Hong Kong put their people first don’t they? They put them first in the firing line when they don’t comply!
And yet they may be taking better care of them than we are of ourselves.

You didn't address South Korea or Japan in that. Are they shooting their own people on a routine basis?

I worked for a lady today who was from Tibet, when they heard about the virus, they closed all borders. There was one case of the virus in the country and that person has got better. Her family keep calling her to come back home.

Should of closed all borders in every country before it spread.

Andy

How on earth can a thread like this start with now we are out of the EU ??? There are months to go yet.

LOL The virus as stopped further trade talks.

top1.gif

It looks like it's a graph of confirmed cases. Which isn't suitable for comparing countries with different testing regimes.

If you don't test people who aren't being admitted to hospital then of course your numbers will be lower. If we stopped testing entirely then we can declare ourselves virus free!

It looks like it's a graph of confirmed cases. Which isn't suitable for comparing countries with different testing regimes.

If you don't test people who aren't being admitted to hospital then of course your numbers will be lower. If we stopped testing entirely then we can declare ourselves virus free!
Yes of course the more wide spread the testing the more cases will be found, I completely agree with those who say our numbers could be 10 to 20x higher. But are other countries testing more widely than we are, I see no evidence that they are. Data on how much testing that is done is hard to come by, all I can find is data from the 11th March and it would suggest UK testing per capita is not dire in comparison

tests per million

4,099 South Korea
1,005 Italy
578 Switzerland
558 Austria
387 UK
344 Belgium
325 Australia
318 Hong Kong
276 Israel
182 France
130 Finland
97 Malaysia
76 Japan
35 Netherlands
26 USA
24 Vietnam
11 Turkey

I too find the UK confirmed cases figures to be surprisingly low, esp when looking at our high death totals. But I am yet to be convinced from hard facts that our figures are not roughly comparable. I would love to know what the real situation is. The true situation of anything can be so difficult to find.

May be our shut down and keep your distance measures are working well, or may be we should be doing a lot more, I just don't know. This has to be the most serious situation this country / the world has seen in our life time, we can't take it seriously enough.

What are the real facts?

Sponsored Links
Back