cost of car insurance

With money tight I suspect more and more people are risking driving without insurance.

Especially as the "punishment" is often cheaper than it would have been to pay the insurance in the first place. As my mate recently was the victim of.

Sponsored Links
Driving without insurance is not possible now in London with mostly all the cameras having ANPR.

I've seen a few interesting methods on the web where a person has de-registered their vehicle and then claimed the DVLA doesn't own it and so have no powers to remove it.

Essentially it's based on the fact that when you sign for a driving licence you are basically signing away your rights of the vehicle to the DVLA, and that without that the car does not technically belong to them. It's an interesting perspective and it actually worked for a guy, he was caught drunk driving and without tax or insurance, was pulled by the plod and taken to the local plod depot. He had, prior to this, sent the local police station a copy of his 'fee schedule' which basically stated that any matters arising from this would incur a fee to him and that any information required from him would require a fee to him of a million pounds.

Found it :

Unfortunately it's not something the police are easily persuaded by, and a lot of people who have tried this ultimately get their car towed and them arrested and charged. I don't have the balls, the time, or the nerve to do anything like this, but I secretly admire people that beat the system.

Sponsored Links
Back