Cost of new gas connection?

Sponsored Links
I just realised that the £200 was if i dig the trench in my property, if the national grid is to dig in my property then the price is £565 ex vat. Also there is no disruption of any traffic.

I tried that website on my house... and believe me - there is no way they are doing my excavation and connection for £533+VAT.

No way in hell. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the nearest pipe is behind the property under a footpath and it may be less than 2 meters from the boundary. However i am concerned about the brick wall at the back of the property. How is the pipe supposed to go under the wall and then into the property?

Hang on - me ball of string is around here somehwere.

Now i got it...If you read my post agian, am asking if anyone of you had similar experience. I dont expect someone from this forum to give me a quote, but if someone already received a quote for such a job then i want to hear their price and factors.

For example, the reply i was expecting to my post was

mains from house 20m
no disruption to traffic
i dig the trench
£1000

or

mains from house 20m
disruption to traffic
national grid dig the trench
£2000

I tried that website on my house... and believe me - there is no way they are doing my excavation and connection for £533+VAT.

No way in hell. :LOL: :LOL:

did you have a gas connection installed at your house?

Yeas mate I do, but on the website I tried two options, both of which was a lot further than 2 metres, yet was cheaper than yours.

For a laugh I am going to try my dad's house...

I live in a house that had gas from day one.

However, I have a road that loops around the back.

The pressure regulator for my entire estate is just over the road from me.

I did a quote where I connected to the end of the street supply on one side of my property, and another where I connected to the street supply on the other side of the road on the other side of my property.

Both options - far more work than your description came up as £533+vat with them digging the trench.

My point being - that website is a load of horses testicles. You need it to be surveyed/priced as an individual and not what some crappy algorithm comes up with.

Last time I had a gas transporter connect a customer it cost surprisingly little - but they were again digging across private land and was a lot more than £5xx.

Thank you for pointing out about the site being crap, i tested it my self too and you are right, it gives the same price even if you choose a longer distance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back