Gas pipe to kitchen-will it cost a lot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moving into a house soon. The kitchen does not have a gas connection for a stove.

The house has gas and is fitted with central heating and the main room has a gas fire. The kitchen is right next door to the main room. The house is quite small and the distance between the main meter and the kitchen is quite small.

What i want to know is what might be the likely cost of getting a gas pipe connection to the kitchen? As i say distances are not huge. Just need a rough price guide so i can consider a gas or electric cooker. Would prefer gas though.

Also would a plumber do this job or a gas corgi person? Not sure who Id need.

Sponsored Links
as soon as to tell the the length of this bit of string wot i am holding i will give you a price

:)

get some quotes

corgiman said:
as soon as to tell the the length of this bit of string wot i am holding i will give you a price

:)

get some quotes

8' i lent you the string :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

price £££££££££££££££ if you get a corgi man in :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

can do it for a couple of pints ;)
get some quotes

alas poor yoric i knew him well will that do yer son :LOL:

dammit dad stop selling me so short

you know my day rate is three pints and a bacon sarnie with brawn sauce ;)

Sponsored Links
You need a corgi registered guy, who should be able to determine the amount of gas your existing appliances use, and the amount your existing gaspipe will supply. After which you may be advised that the gaspipe from the meter will need to be upsized, if so this would obviously add to the cost.

tea 2 sugars, dinner, and access to toilet, then i will think of a price :p

Would cost £80 upwards depending on accessibility, i.e. how accessible is existing gas supply and the place where you want the new supply to run to. Also depends on whether present gas pipe is copper or lead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back