Cost of new gas connection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I am buying a house that doesnt have gas central heating so i need to add a new connection to the house. Does any one of you have similar experience, i am mostly interested on the price and time scale.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Why not contact your local gas transporter? It may be that they could give you a quote.
No one knows if there is a gas main outside your property or not. Dans piece of string may not be of any use to you in this instance. ;)

Sponsored Links
£3k was the last one I got, but would completely depend on circumstances (distance from gas main/pipe route/local pricing etc)

I have heard of a quote of £3million to supply a cu-de-sac round here too!!!! :eek: Long way from gas main

I do not own the house, do you think they will be willing to give me a quote for free? I tried doing it through national grid but you need to pay to submit an application

Well i just found it, i tried to get a quote before but you have to pay. after searching their site more i came upon this. its a nice tool it shows you where all pipe lines are however they are not able to give you an indicative price if the new pipe will have to pass through a road

the £3k one i mentioned was just 4m from the gas main under grass so I would be amazed if £200 is the price!

£200

Digging/making good
PE pipe and fittings
Meter and meter box
AND Labour

Not sure that will be true

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back