Could You Believe This is a Daily Mail Headline?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2021-6-23_11-58-6.png

Sponsored Links
Good old Harold Sidney Harmsworth, 1st Viscount Rothermere, supporter of fascism and Nazism, and founder of the Daily Mail.

If the Daily Mail was a political group it would have been banned long ago.

Good old Harold Sidney Harmsworth, 1st Viscount Rothermere, supporter of fascism and Nazism, and founder of the Daily Mail.

If the Daily Mail was a political group it would have been banned long ago.

You sure? The Tories can't stop winning. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Before joining this forum I read it for about 2 months ... I decided I couldn't watch from the side lines any longer and had to add some balance to the debate.

So, then in the interests of
.. just for balance like .. just for balance like ..
will you post the equivalent links from the Mail, Express, Sun, etc, where they own up to things they now realise they were wrong about?

No - more like unforced examination of their history and reflection on when they were wrong.

1) I dont read the Mail, Express, Sun, etc, so Ive not seen them reflect on their history - will you post the equivalent links from them where they own up to things they now realise they were wrong about?

2) Why 2008 when their history goes back much further than that?

Yes, that was the common market which was basically about trade between members. It was the freedom of movement and all the rest of the s hit that people didn’t like. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; If there was a vote tomorrow for just trade between European countries I’d be for it. Why must we give Andris in Latvia the right live here and tap into our services just because we buy oranges from José in Spain? It should be obvious that members of the poorer nations will flock to the richer ones and undercut the indigenous people by living in poor conditions and ten to a house. But of course, some on here don’t want to hear that do they?

It should be obvious that members of the poorer nations will flock to the richer ones and undercut the indigenous people by living in poor conditions and ten to a house. But of course, some on here don’t want to hear that do they?
Oh you mean like when hundreds of thousands of UK builders went to work in Germany because there was nothing for them to do here?

Nasty 'little Englanders' tend to forget that freedom of movement worked both ways! (n)

Yes, that was the common market which was basically about trade between members.

You have failed to understand the purpose of the European Community

Starting with the European Coal and Steel Community, it was founded by men who had just survived the worst war the world had ever seen. Those of middle age or older had also lived through the second-worst war the world has ever seen. Nothing was more important to them than preventing a recurrence.

You are obviously too young to remember the effects of nationalism and dislike of international co-operation.

HighWoodCemetery200708.jpg

The ECSC was the first international organisation to be based on supranational principles and was, through the establishment of a common market for coal and steel, intended to expand the economies, increase employment, and raise the standard of living within the Community.

You have failed to understand the purpose of the European Community

Starting with the European Coal and Steel comminity, it was founded by men who had just survived the worst war the world had ever seen. Those of middle age or older had also lived through the second-worst war the world has ever seen. Nothing was more important to them than preventing a recurrence.

You are obviously too young to remember the effects of nationalism and dislike of international co-operation.

View attachment 237580

The ECSC was the first international organisation to be based on supranational principles and was, through the establishment of a common market for coal and steel, intended to expand the economies, increase employment, and raise the standard of living within the Community.

Intended? Yer, right! It didn’t expand the employment opportunities or standard of living for those in the U.K. for those who lost their jobs to cheap imported labour, did it?

Sponsored Links
Back