Madeline/ Daily Mail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I feel guilty about posting this but here goes.
I get, along with other papers, the Daily Mail every day.
Every day since the poor child disappeared the Mail have an article on some aspect of the matter, usually at least half page, some days a full page.
It has got to the stage that I now ignore the article on the basis that it is either conjecture or repetitive.
Other equally tragic events have occurred since poor Maddy disappeared but they only appear in the paper for a couple of days.
Why is this , is it because Maddy's parents are middle class or is it because they have friends in the press or the establishment.
Whatever the reason I believe it must be having an adverse effect.
What do others think?

Sponsored Links
its the media stance on any tragedy that elevates it to such public awareness that other tragedies hardly or do not get a mention.

young girl abduction whilst parents were away is or was obviously big news

the child abduction is exactly what the mail were waiting for. another diana style story to report to death and sling lies and conjecture around for their moronic readers to quote down their local.

Sponsored Links
While parents seem to be getting more worried and/or paranoid about the presence of "evil" characters in the world, every day I see more and more sexily dressed 10-14 year olds in my shop. High heals, make up, tight jeans. But where are they going? Their parents are nowhere to be seen. I guess their mobile phones are a good enough responsible adult in case they get into trouble.

While parents seem to be getting more worried and/or paranoid about the presence of "evil" characters in the world, every day I see more and more sexily dressed 10-14 year olds in my shop. High heals, make up, tight jeans. But where are they going? Their parents are nowhere to be seen. I guess their mobile phones are a good enough responsible adult in case they get into trouble.
In your case its acceptable to ogle young girls its only when theres an age gap that it becomes a problem ;)

the child abduction is exactly what the mail were waiting for. another diana style story to report to death and sling lies and conjecture around for their moronic readers to quote down their local.

Obviously a Gaurdian reader, or would that be the Times, remember the Hitler diaries.

Obviously a Gaurdian reader, or would that be the Times, remember the Hitler diaries.

neither, keep guessing

Well to come out with a statement like you did it's either one of those or the Sun.
What's up are you ashamed to admit what paper you read.
On second thoughts if thats the only way you can respond who gives a t***

not really a subject to be flippant about guys.

it is unusual how kind the press have been.
if the maddies mum were fat or lived in a tower block then they would have been slaughtered by the mail/press.

i couldnt be more sorry for maddy's parents, they live a nightmare.

I wasn't being flippant, I posted what I believed was a serious question.
I agree with you AtoZ, but why are they, the press, reacting in this way.
On another point on this matter why on earth do the press seem to think that the British police and judiciary are better than any other system in the world.
My god we have had our fair share of miscarriages of justice and bent or thick police.

this story should run and run as should all kiddie storys on murder, or kidnapping, stabing and shootings ,never let the ba#### who do it think we have forgot :evil: a full page every day please ;)

this story should run and run as should all kiddie storys on murder, or kidnapping, stabing and shootings ,never let the ba#### who do it think we have forgot :evil: a full page every day please ;)

But thats the whole point of my op, why is it that it's just this case where it's happening, why not all the other cases.

the mail is a sorry excuse for a paper i just cant see how anyone reads it.i couldnt read it if i wanted to it makes my eyes roll uncontrollably

Sponsored Links
Back