Courses to become Corgi registered

Hey ChrisR,

Thanx for answering that question. I got some clue, how to become a corgi registered Engineer.

I would like to know that is it the same path to become corgi registered for the person who don't have any experience in any trade?

Sponsored Links
you will need to do the beginners course which is about £500 before you can do the approved prior learning course(which is for people who have some knowledge in the field ) which costs about another £1300,and you have to show evidence of gas work with a corgi guy or the colleges can provide you with a corgi firm to help with your portfolio at an extra cost(£1000) then finally you do the acs once you have passed your apl and once you have passed your acs you can register with corgi. but you will also need to do the energy efficiency course , and a new one coming out is the flue analysis course . so all the best and try and get some work with a corgi guy before you decide to do the course because it is all about the experience, if you dont have a clue and only read books its not much use

personally I think the market is already flooded, every tom, dick and Harry who has been laid off in every other market sector is jumping on the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

It's scandalous these training centers know the situation but are raking it in hand over fist. :evil:

Hey ChrisR,

Thanx for answering that question. I got some clue, how to become a corgi registered Engineer.

I would like to know that is it the same path to become corgi registered for the person who don't have any experience in any trade?

This post is 4 YEARS old :rolleyes:

I'd brush up on the English skills first if i was you ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi there,abviously its almost 4 years since Ive started my plumbing job as a plumbers mate and slowly started to learn more and more untill now which im tired of working with no qualification and wish to gain my gas corgi qualification and wondered if you could possibly name the college youve been already please.

I am a plumber but have no qualifications,does anybody know the easiest way to pass some exams to get my plumbing NVQ please?

First thing to do would be to post a location :rolleyes:

Next, some basic background reading so you can find out what you need to do as there is no such thing as a "gas Corgi qualification " :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Corgi have naff all to do with anything now anyway. Thankfully.

Things have changed a bit since I wrote what I did when the thread started, but not much.
It's still easy to get Gas Safe Registered.
People regularly either do some noddy "gas" course, and/or lie their way with an accomplice who's GS registered, and read a book.

If you're fairly bright - capable of doing one of today's "A" levels, say, you can learn all you need in a day with a book, and a couple of hours with someone showing you the right things.

It's supposed to need longer than that, but it depends what you know and how quick you are to learn. Some people need years.

Then you go to an ACS centre as a Category 2 person ("Working in the industry") and get some "training" where the trainer knows what you're going to be assessed on, so he tells you what you need to know.

It's immediately obvious to an assessor how much experience you have, but that doesn't matter, you just have to get the answers right.

This is not conjecture on my part, it's precisely how some people get qualified. I know because I'm an assessor and I ask them once I've passed them.

Things have changed a bit since I wrote what I did when the thread started, but not much.
It's still easy to get Gas Safe Registered.
People regularly either do some noddy "gas" course, and/or lie their way with an accomplice who's GS registered, and read a book.

If you're fairly bright - capable of doing one of today's "A" levels, say, you can learn all you need in a day with a book, and a couple of hours with someone showing you the right things.

It's supposed to need longer than that, but it depends what you know and how quick you are to learn. Some people need years.

Then you go to an ACS centre as a Category 2 person ("Working in the industry") and get some "training" where the trainer knows what you're going to be assessed on, so he tells you what you need to know.

It's immediately obvious to an assessor how much experience you have, but that doesn't matter, you just have to get the answers right.

This is not conjecture on my part, it's precisely how some people get qualified. I know because I'm an assessor and I ask them once I've passed them.

alright chris i've been reading your post with interest as i've got the acs qualifications i did them through a reputable company here in scotland cost me £5000 all in it was a 6 month course with three months on site eexperiencewith a big gas/ heating company. the problem is after qualifying last summer i had to take the first job that came along and that happened to be a driving job to clear the debt and pay the bills accrued while i wwasn'tearning for the 6 months. the reason im posting is that im back on my feet now and want to break into the industry and i was wondering if you (or anybody else for that matter) give me advice on what to do next. I know i cant do any gas work as im not GS registered yet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back