Plumber Training and Getting Corgi registered, Any Advice?

bsr2005 said:
and am toying with the idea of getting into the field.

Any advice regarding the industry and qualifications much appreciated...
I don`t know about quals. Mine are worthless, now :LOL: the Corgi has ****ed right up my leg :rolleyes: But I do know that all the fields round here are full of shyte.........hence the saying "like **** in a field" meaning they are all over the place .......bit like wanabee plumbers :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
I don`t know about quals. Mine are worthless, now :LOL: the Corgi has p****d right up my leg :rolleyes: But I do know that all the fields round here are full of shyte.........hence the saying "like s**t in a field" meaning they are all over the place .......bit like wanabee plumbers :LOL:

nope, i've no idea what you're on about.

cjb1971 said:
corgiman said:
mgheating said:
gas4you said:
Stick to colleges or CITB training centres that are more regulated. There is no quick way to do it properly. I think you now have to have 70 hours gas experience working with a corgi before you can do gas tickets.

i think you'll find it's 70 days, not hours

no gas is right, my local training provider insists on 80hours or two weeks work before accepting a candidate on a ACS course

I think CORGI insist on 18 months (after acs achievement) experiance before they will let you have your own CORGI badge.
I got my corgi badge last year-2 weeks after passing my acs exams.
was allowed to take my acs exams after a 9 month bpec gas foun dation course+ some onsite work

Thats a pretty intensive and comprehensive course so mebbe the yappies let you through, but I reckon you must be barmy to go it alone after 9 months!!

At least under someones Badge you still have support and someone to pull the fat out of the fire should summink go wrong

as a self employed johnnie your on your own...No one to help

but good luck anyway

corgiman said:
cjb1971 said:
corgiman said:
mgheating said:
gas4you said:
Stick to colleges or CITB training centres that are more regulated. There is no quick way to do it properly. I think you now have to have 70 hours gas experience working with a corgi before you can do gas tickets.

i think you'll find it's 70 days, not hours

no gas is right, my local training provider insists on 80hours or two weeks work before accepting a candidate on a ACS course

I think CORGI insist on 18 months (after acs achievement) experiance before they will let you have your own CORGI badge.
I got my corgi badge last year-2 weeks after passing my acs exams.
was allowed to take my acs exams after a 9 month bpec gas foun dation course+ some onsite work

Thats a pretty intensive and comprehensive course so mebbe the yappies let you through, but I reckon you must be barmy to go it alone after 9 months!!

At least under someones Badge you still have support and someone to pull the fat out of the fire should summink go wrong

as a self employed johnnie your on your own...No one to help

but good luck anyway
Dont work on my own(yet)work for a great company but have own card for the odd install/service i do on the side.Realised within first week of this job there is still loads to learn!

Sponsored Links
Stout fellow

its the only way to go, get in with a good firm, learn the job get as many training courses as you can

then nick all their customers and start on your own

;)

I jest

And, of course, for the odd install/service job you do on the side you do have public liability insurance cover don't you? ;)

Just in case it all goes wrong. :oops:

giblets said:
And, of course, for the odd install/service job you do on the side you do have public liability insurance cover don't you? ;)

Just in case it all goes wrong. :oops:

as if

its easy is our job giblets

BTW email me any details on that combi course thingy

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back