Courses to become Corgi registered

I seem to have let this thread go unnoticed for a while!

There was an objection :
I disagree with your statement that it has never been easier to get into the trade
Which is hardly surprising. Thing is, I didn't make it.

I said it's still one of the easiest. Not as easy as a building site trade where you can pick things up by being a labourer, but a more reasonable comparison might be with sparkies, who have to spend a lot longer in college and do a 4 (?) year apprenticeship as well. Might have gone that way myself but at 40 I didn't fancy that much.

Look at the shortest routes not the longest! Plumbing is (in the sense of requirements for registration) irrelevant. You don't need to be a plumber to do Landlords Gas Safety Certs.
Training, experience and assessment are requirements of any technical trade. But I can't think of another where the periods are measured in weeks.

Sponsored Links
OK OK , sheesh, you did not say that so I will rephrase the first part of my previous post so as to clear it up

I disagree strongly that ours is one of the EASIEST trades to get into....... blah blah blah

Happy now?

Sponsored Links
How different is the New ACS course to the old ACOPS course. Is there anyway of getting hold of the theory paperwork before the course starts. Also could someone explain this to me.
When it comes to fault finding on boilers, in the practical part of the ACS, do they set you the task of finding a fault on a boiler.
I have heard of some Corgi registered plumbers/ gas fitters who have done the ACS course who stuggle to fault find, how is this so.

they give you 6 or more boilers to find fault, but nothing too tiring :rolleyes: if you know what your doing that is.

Corgy engineers didn't know they had any, inspectors and penpushers maybe, after all they are only a registration body :evil:

You can get CITB, Viper etc etc training books, which are all pretty good, usually about £50-£80 for a set.
They set fault finding but you have the instructions, which usually take you straight to it. If you're new you can gett Instrs from manufacturers, some are very good at explaining how things work, and there are great similarities between models. Major differences are in how you get the fronts off - can be embarrassing on site...

tottally agree. trying to remove the covers can make you look like a plum

Yes,

I had to ask the client how the front comes off, and watch as he did it for me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

LOL

I have lost count the amount of times I have had to that very thing

:LOL: :cry: :LOL:

I say chaps, we're in danger of AGREEING on something :( :( :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back