Advice on how to become a Corgi Plumber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I like to change my carrier and like to become a plumber. I can do most of things i.e install CH change boiler etc, but im not registered or qualified as Corgi plumber.

I like to know whether there is a fast track to become a corgi plumber, maybe a short paid course? any qualification required?

your help is most appreciated! :)

Thank

Sponsored Links
Take this course and then earn £100,000 a year.

Of course, it wont leave you Gassafe registered, but worry about the details eh. :rolleyes:

I can do most of things i.e install CH change boiler

One of the best lines of had the pleasure to read. :LOL: Whats "most things"? Megaflow's, Gas boosters, LPG? Underfloor?

Mr. W.

Troll troll troll troll troll Troll troll troll troll trollTroll troll trTroll troll troll troll trolloll troll trollTroll troll troll troll trollTroll troll troll troll troll

That's a catchy tune, though the odd la la la would liven it up a bit.

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I like to change my carrier and like to become a plumber. I can do most of things i.e install CH change boiler etc, but im not registered or qualified as Corgi plumber.

Thank

So you are already illegally installing boilers then!

Are you an East European?

I think you meant "career".

I know a lot of people who are not Gas safe registered who come along do the job and then pay some plumber they are friendly with to sign their work off. This practice is somewhat frowned upon but a way get around the system.

I would suggest you take a trip to your local vocational college and speak to someone there.

Chartered Engineer - You are going to rattle a few cages with your potentially abusive end script - if you already have not done so. :eek:

A lot of good ENGINEERS (or whatever our customers prefer to call us) - Plumbing, Electrical, Gas are out there and dedicated and proud of their professions and expertise. Don't knock us, you are not above us.

A Professional Plumber and Gas Engineer and proud of it.

Chartered Engineer - You are going to rattle a few cages with your potentially abusive end script - if you already have not done so. :eek:

A lot of good ENGINEERS (or whatever our customers prefer to call us) - Plumbing, Electrical, Gas are out there and dedicated and proud of their professions and expertise. Don't knock us, you are not above us.

A Professional Plumber and Gas Engineer and proud of it.

All I can say is every other EU country has protected the title "Engineer", I think it is shameful that the government allows joe bloggs the cowboy to plaster the title on the side of his van and then use it.

The title doctor is protected, I don't see why Engineer cannot be.

As far as I am concerned a level 3/4 qualification is not suitable enough for the title "Engineer". In my humble opinion 4 years degree with 4 years on the job training is more appropriate.

I am fully aware that the majority of people on here will disagree with that statement for the pure reason that they don't meet the criteria.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back