corgi gas course

To all, i appolagise for the advice that i gave, it was wrong of me to first quote what i did and then to post it here. Softus you are correct that i behaved like a prat and for that please accept my appolagies. To anyone who feels that by stating what i did, that their integreties have been questioned, sorry.
Lee :oops:

Sponsored Links
Don't beet yourself up, it's a good idea to expose flaws in test methods which is what it is.

I think if I were a teacher I would say "obviously you could do this, but wouldn't it be a lot better to see how many you can get right first pass?"

I would want anyone I taught to get at least 90% first attempt or I'd think I'd failed them.

To lgcs, your retraction is very impressive, and my faith in you is utterly restored.

As for this:

ollski said:
I would imagine that anyone with a small amount of sense would be able to work out for themselves that that would be a plausible tactic on a question with two answers which you have two chances on.
I would have thought that anyone with a small amount of integrity wouldn't need any tactic in order to pass.

Worse part of the exams is when you know the answer to the question 100% and then it comes back marked wrong! I got just 1 wrong on the closed book paper(what happens to ng-does it rise/mix with air or fall to ground)Obvious that it rises! but come back wrong-after scratching my head for 5 mins answered it again and got it right-turned out i knew answer but ticked wrong box! :rolleyes:
2 weeks after passing accepted job offer from first interview i had-slao had anothe offer of work from transco(onstrem) fitting gas meters-even offered me £40 expenses for atending assesment!
So im now happy with a job i enjoy doing with good money and recomend a gas course for anybody whos inetrested in this kind of work

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
Let`s change the law!
You fool - there's nothing wrong with the law; it's you and the other dangerous morons who are the problem.

The point is corgiman, if the posts here are to be believed, and I see no reason not to, then here are people who are taking advantage of the inadequacy test that forms part of the ACS assessment.

It's incompetent to put temptation in the path of those who may be too weak to resist it, and raise the risk of under-qualified RGIs.

To compound matters, one or more tutors is pointing out the inadequacy of the test to the students. How much does that stink?

I am in total agreement with you soft,

the ACS is very efficient in putting filth lucre in the trainers pocket and dont doesnt ensure competency at all

same as part p et al, how many people actually fail any of these courses? I would love to see some stats on that.

While taking my CCN1 one of the other lads placed a fired up blow lamp next to the gas meter he had removed, which he did not cap, tell you wot for a fat and lazy man I didnt half shift to turn it off.

He suffered though he only passed on the 2nd attempt :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We had an RGI round for a job interview the other day, had done a 3 week Part P course earlier this year, and had the certificates.

He knew absolutely nothing about electrics and testing, they must have given this chap all the answers. I wouldn't have let him wire a plug.

Mind you, he didn't know much about gas either.

Makes me wonder what these new regs are achieving. Giving customers misplaced confidence, perhaps?

Softus said:
As for this:

ollski said:
I would imagine that anyone with a small amount of sense would be able to work out for themselves that that would be a plausible tactic on a question with two answers which you have two chances on.
I would have thought that anyone with a small amount of integrity wouldn't need any tactic in order to pass.

Perhaps the questions aren't there to test your gas knowledge but instead to see if you have simple problem solving ability.....or common sense. The practical side is the only real test on the acs anyway.

Think I might just drag this up to the fore once more, in case it was missed or intentionally ignored by the people or persons it was meant to antagonise. :evil: I`m a Beeatch :LOL: (B**itch in computer programmer`s terms) :rolleyes:

Bamber gaspipe said:
Think I might just drag this up to the fore once more, in case it was missed or intentionally ignored by the people or persons it was meant to antagonise. :evil: I`m a Beeatch :LOL: (B**itch in computer programmer`s terms) :rolleyes:
Nice one Kev, delete as you will: :D I must be right again :D :D :D :D ;) :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back