Covid......... easy to protect yourself.

It is.
With a mask on more co2 enters your lungs.
Your stamina is reduced and fatigue ensues.
Weakening your immune system.

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense. Masks do not affect oxygen / CO2 levels. If you really do struggle to breathe with a mask on, it may indicate other underlying health conditions. If you have not been diagnosed already, best see a doctor ASAP.

If you don't believe me, listen to some the other experts:

“There is no risk of hypercapnia (CO2 retention) in healthy adults who use face coverings, including medical and cloth face masks, as well as N95s,” Dr. Robert Glatter, an emergency physician at Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, told Healthline. “Carbon dioxide molecules freely diffuse through the masks, allowing normal gas exchange while breathing.”

If masks were as dangerous as many suggest, many trades that have to wear them would be passing out all the time, along with nurses and doctors who have always worn masks in theatre for hours at a time.

Masks are safe. People who don't wear them are not!

Sponsored Links
It is nothing to do with whether CO2 can pass through the mask or not.

If you watch a soft mask when someone is breathing and the mask is 'blown out' and then 'sucked in', it is obvious that when 'blown out' it is then full of exhaled breath which obviously is inhaled again.
If it is a firm mask which does not move but has an enclosed space between mouth and mask, the amount of exhaled breath that is 'still there' is greater.

I appreciate this might not be a problem, because exhaled breath is not all CO2, but must be a fact - just saying as people seem unable to work out the simplest things.
Air is 78% Nitrogen anyway.

Why do people breath into a paper bag to stop hyperventilating? To increase CO2 levels in the blood.

If you watch a soft mask when someone is breathing and the mask is 'blown out' and then 'sucked in', it is obvious that when 'blown out' it is then full of exhaled breath which obviously is inhaled again.
If it is a firm mask which does not move but has an enclosed space between mouth and mask, the amount of exhaled breath that is 'still there' is greater.

I appreciate this might not be a problem, because exhaled breath is not all CO2, but must be a fact - just saying as people seem unable to work out the simplest things.

Why do people breath into a paper bag to stop hyperventilating? To increase CO2 levels in the blood.
Higher CO2 leads to increased breathing rate.Wearing a mask does not increase my breathing rate so CO2 is not accumulating in my mask .Which bit of that is beyond your comprehension?...A paper bag is more airtight!...

Sponsored Links
As I said "people seem unable to work out the simplest things."

Thanks for proving it.

I did also say "It might not be a problem".

All of that may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that in reality, it does not happen. Nobody has collapsed due to lack of oxygen from wearing a mask. Those that are exempt generally have breathing issues, cause by conditions such as COPD, that mean they struggle to breathe enough air at the best of times. A mask does restrict the flow of air slightly, but not enough to be of any concern to healthy people.

As already said, if it was a problem, people would be collapsing all over the place.

How much air do you think a mask holds?

EFL.You do not know the difference between a paper bag,a paper mask and saturation diving eqpt man.!!!..Stick to being the support act for LaL and Gal on economics.

Sponsored Links
Back