covid, vaccines, risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a low risk of clots from the AZ vaccine, as the EMA and the MHRA recognise.

Do they? Later in the thread you say...
A causal link with the vaccine is not proven

Which is it? Blonds have died of covid- should they dye their hair? There is no evidence that blonds are at more risk from covid. But they might be!

Sponsored Links
All they are saying is that 37 died from a blood clot, after having the jab. The 37 was slightly less than would be expected anyway, jab or no jab, so why blame it on the jab? If any conclusion can be drawn from that, it is only that the jab can reduce the chance of a clot forming.
There have been nine deaths in EU. The other twenty-eight received medical care.
If everyone is aware of any associated risk, it can be minimised.
To deny any risk exists is to exacerbate any risk.

Do they? Later in the thread you say...

Which is it? Blonds have died of covid- should they dye their hair? There is no evidence that blonds are at more risk from covid. But they might be!
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
To deny any risk exists is to aggravate any risk.

There have been nine deaths in EU. The other twenty-eight received medical care.
To deny any risk exists is to exacerbate any risk.

That is an absolute nonsense. The risk of not having the jab is without doubt far greater than the potential risk of not having it and there has been absolutely no proven risk to having the jab. I wonder how many died and were injured on the road, going to vaccination centres?

Sponsored Links
That is an absolute nonsense. The risk of not having the jab is without doubt far greater than the potential risk of not having it and there has been absolutely no proven risk to having the jab. I wonder how many died and were injured on the road, going to vaccination centres?
No-one is denying the risk of not having the jab. You're using a strawman argument.
If you are aware of the risk, you can mitigate against it.
If the risk is denied, you are not mitigating it, you are compounding that risk.
Your mention of RTAs is nonsense gone to the extremes.

Your mention is of RTAs is nonsense gone to the extremes.

Hardly, it and many other things are part of the risk equation that you are so keen on. The only mitigation you can do is to drive carefully to the vaccination centre and just accept the jab like a good boy.

Hardly, it and many other things are part of the risk equation that you are so keen on. The only mitigation you can do is to drive carefully to the vaccination centre and just accept the jab like a good boy.
I would hope that we all drive carefully on every occasion, and mitigate the risks involved every time.
To mention it specifically in connection with going to the vaccine centre is ludicrous.

Just shows that Macron knew exactly what he was doing. Despite complete lack of evidence he knew enough people would convert it to psuedofact to do damage.

Just shows that Macron knew exactly what he was doing. Despite complete lack of evidence he knew enough people would convert it to psuedofact to do damage.
That is why his spokesperson clarified his comment later. :rolleyes:

So Bobby, how do you recommend minimising a (n alleged) risk of say, 100 (maybe extra) blood clots in 17 million vaccinations?

This is where your Howard/Paxman strategy comes apart at the seams. Specifically: I was jabbed Wednesday. What exactly should I have done before attending, in order to minimise the risk? I'm 64.

After the damage was already done.
French President Emmanuel Macron said on Thursday he would gladly accept being inoculated with the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine if it were offered when his turn comes.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-summit-macron-idUSKBN2AP2TM

France never ruled out using the jab on older people; it just said it was waiting for evidence that it worked. And now - with the new Scottish study - that evidence seems to be there.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56252028
Amazing how one scientists opinion can linger and ferment so many opinions.
Amid a bitter cross-Channel feud over the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, one of the scientists behind the drug has accused French President Emmanuel Macron of trying to suppress demand.
https://www.politico.eu/article/emm...emand-oxford-astrazeneca-coronavirus-vaccine/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back