CP12: Gas pipe query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Gas engineer carried out out cp12 inspection and has listed fault as "Gas pipe has not been adequately protected and is showing signs of distress". The gas pipe runs from the gas meter outside into the property (see attached). I agree the pipe being exposed to the weather condition has discoloration (green/ blue) but isnt that natural?

Should it be the reason for failing the CP12? Should I contest? It can be called out on the CP12/ Landlord safety certificate but as NCS?

Attachments

• Gas pipe.jpg
    Gas pipe.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 104
Sponsored Links
CP12 is not pass or fail, it's a record of what is found at that time.

The RGI is correct in pointing out the corrosion at the bottom of the pipe caused by contact with mortar/screed.

Sorry I am a bit confused. Owing to the fault listed in the Gas installation / safety record, the gas engineer "Pipework satisfactory = NO" and "Is the installation safe to use = NO". I believe this means the CP12/ Landlord Gas safety certificate is FAIL? What options do I have at hand?

I wouldn’t have said it’s unsafe to use. Are you the landlord? Has the installation been turned off/made safe?

Sponsored Links
Clean it wit wire wool if there is no serious pitting dont worry .
Did he warning label and turn off the installation if not then this makes a mockery of his comment of if its safe to use , No

Nothing up with properly protected buried pipe its in millions of houses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back