Cracked tile, removing shower base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing how the prospect of moving house gives focus to lots of little jobs that I had somehow been avoiding... :rolleyes: She Who Must Be Obeyed has pointed out that it would be nice not to have a blatant crack in a floor tile when showing people round (and the grouting is crumbling too), but unluckily the cracked tile is also one that the shower base sits on. Thankfully I do have a spare one though.

The thing is, I'm not sure how to remove the trim from beneath the shower base in order to get full access to swap the tile. I've tried easing a screwdriver between the trim and the base to see if there's much give (i.e. whether it would pop out easily, maybe if I remove the sealant at the bottom) but it's lodged pretty firmly and obviously I don't want to risk damaging the plastic. Does anyone know how the heck these things are usually removed, or is it one of those darn things where it's designed to go in and never come out again (in one piece)?

Attachments

• Floor tile & shower base.jpg
    Floor tile & shower base.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 103
Sponsored Links
Its not a deal breaker so Why not leave the trim and the cracked tile alone. Lots of new buyers rip out bathrooms and kitchens for their own choices.

Ha, funnily enough @tell80 I had that very discussion with Mrs! She was concerned it might give a bad impression, not least as unfortunately it's right in front of the door as you go into the en suite. I thought it might not be such a big deal, pointed it out to the estate agent doing a valuation and she said "oh, it's fine, you could just put the bath mat over it when you've got people viewing". Estate agents, eh. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back