Creating a masking template

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
A few weeks ago I saw an ad on Youtube for this device that could make a template that goes around door frames, from which a paper template could be cut out to mask the frame from the floor ready for painting.

It has lots of thin prongs that follow the contour of the frame. It can then be locked.

Can somebody please tell me what to search for on eBay.
I can't remember for the life of me what they are called. I want to get the frames glossed before I fit a new door.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I'm struggling to work out what you are looking for.....

Newspaper and masking tape protects the floor and if you are not confident getting a neat edge between wall and door frame then masking tape will give you a sharp edge , just remember to remove it straight away when you have finished painting

Imagine a large hair comb with extra long prongs that can move up and down.
You press the device up aginst the surface and it creates a profile.
These things were popular in the 80's. You could press it against your face, take it away, then you could see the profile of you face.

Sponsored Links
To be honest, a bit of frog tape around the frame is all you need

It's a bit tricky. See attached.

The profile gauge should in theory do the job.

Attachments

• IMG_1378.JPG
    IMG_1378.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 134

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back