Creda storage heater issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ll switches for them are on, fuses have been changed etc.
I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to this sort of thing so i really dont kn ow what to do. I dont want to ring the landlord unless i have to just incase ts something perthetic.

My downstairs heater works just not the upstars... any ideas people?

Sponsored Links
Most likely the overheat cut out has operated, might be a resettable one or may need replacing

You'd usually need to open them, so it's a landlord's electrician's job.

If the heaters are old, there may be asbestos inside.

Sponsored Links
If you haven't used them before, are you familiar with the concept of storage heaters? Apologies if you do, and my comments below are teaching 'Grandma to suck eggs'

Storage heaters are supplied with cheaper electricity only available at off peak times, such as during the night, when they store up heat for release during the following day. If they are cold and you switch them on during the daytime they won't heat up until the off peak time(s).

They should be left switched on at their local isolators permanently and will automatically store up the required amount of heat. It is usual only to turn the isolators off in the summer or other times when no heating is required.

Sometimes heaters fitted in the main living area(s) also contain a convector heater part connected a permanent power supply that will work during the day for additional (but more expensive) heat if required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back