Cricket.

Mad isn't it. 39 sports fans died at Hysel. Bonkers, truly bonkers.

Well yes it is as the cricket match was not even in the UK

The deranged fruit cakes were not even At the cricket match

But decided to have a riot in the UK

Dunno why ? Boozed up ?

On drugs ?

In breeding ?

Who knows ??

Sponsored Links
England have offered to host a series between India and Pakistan in a bid to reinvigorate one of the worlds sporting rivalries.

Luckily, it won't happen as the BCCI have simply laughed at the suggestion

Sponsored Links
Remind me what happened?
There was a sports event and rival fans causing mayhem lead to deaths. Typical crowd behaviour at many sports events. trans seems to be shocked by a few skirmishes involving cricket fans. Maybe it's the people he has a grudge against, dunno.

There was a sports event and rival fans causing mayhem lead to deaths. Typical crowd behaviour at many sports events. trans seems to be shocked by a few skirmishes involving cricket fans. Maybe it's the people he has a grudge against, dunno.

I feel mevand you have had a similar conversation to this about some of the same fans.

With all due respect to the ladies, they can't really compare to the power of the men's game. It was awe inspiring to watch someone like Denis Lillee walk back to the boundary to begin his long run-up and bowl at such ferocity it made you wonder how on earth the batsman could even see the ball, let alone connect with it. Joel Garner could bring the ball down at pace from a height few men could match. The greatest shot i recall is a one handed six by Viv Richards.
I don't really get into it so much these days - apart from the World Cup win when England finally won the trophy - or The Ashes, when beating the Aussies is still the only thing that really matters. The next best thing is beating the stan's and after winning the sixth T20 match to level the series it'll be tense to see if England can win on Sunday in the decider...then the Test series, which is still the only true measure of a cricket match.

i watched a lot of cricket when broadcast on terrestrial TV - but i now have NOW Sports and watch quite a lot
Last year was not so keen on the 100 - might as well have been a T20 - but the kids that turned out are great
This year I watched pretty much all the 100, and went to 2 matches (as its affordable £16 /£5 for kids- other games at around £100 a ticket I just cannot afford) , shame the international players had to leave , Next year , England are planning to stop any internationals during August so that players do not have to leave the 100 series - also they toned it done a bit this year.
£5 for kids is great and a lot of kids at the games - made it affordable for families

It actually got me watching the woman's game as well , which i'm still following

Also the 100 is bringing new players into the spotlight , and has already influenced the selections for the T20's

currently the England Pakistan T20 on and some really close matches so far - last T20 on Sunday 2nd Oct

I hope the 100 does not turn into the IPL - that just goes on to long, to many teams 26th march - 22nd May 23 - 74matches 10teams - 1 or 2 games every day -

The counties where the 100s staged will be alright but the likes of Leicestershire Northamptonshire will suffer, Will they go to the wall? Is that Strauss plan.?

T20 and the Hundred do nowt for me. I was raised listening to the voice of John Arlott as he waxed lyrical about the game. It was poetry to hear the way he could describe a cover drive hurrying towards the boundary, sitting on the lawn in the garden, bees humming in the background. We'd sneak into the ground at Chesterfield and watch Derbyshire whenever they played. Watching Geoff Miller make the final run in the NatWest Final against Northants was one of the funniest things i ever saw..."run yer fat buggr, ruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnn!!" And one of the finest nights drinking ever.;)
*sigh*
It's not the same now: two divisions, numbers. Not for me, Clive.

True, the corporates are in there and well and truely f*cking it up.

Comments after the Aussie game.

"Who knew Mathew Wade has been taking coaching tips off Farrell?"
"Farrell wouldn't have used his arm"

Wade was definitely out, blatent, deliberate obstruction. I reckon he would have been given out if Buttler had pursued the appeal but it was one of those on-the-spot moments where I think he thought it might look a bit petty later on, so he left it. Close call.

Sponsored Links
Back