cricket

swelec said:
I am depressed. 138 for 7 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why did I bother to get up so early?

A belief in miracles?

We may as well get on the plane now, winning the ashes just made the Oz try harder, and our guys relax into the usual false confidence ..
We tend not to 'win', just happen to luckily be around when others 'lose' recall the Oz penalty hitting the wrong side of post in rugger WC? ...
:D :D

Sponsored Links
3 - 0 and pretty much comprehensive.

Oh well, sport is about head and heart.
Back the opponent to win, then money will consol a loss - on the other hand euphoria will render any gambling loss insignificant when by the fickle hand of fate we actually win something (usually by the opponent 'losing').
:D :D :D :D

switched it on first thing when I got up and for a split second only, I was happy to see them still batting. Then it sunk in that they were showing highlights of another comprehensive defeat.

Never mind. The six nations rughby starts soon. Come on Wales. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
You need to be an optimist, judging by the dark clouds out West of the 7ern !
:D

FIFTH TEST, SYDNEY, DAY THREE
England 291 & 114-5; Australia 393

Blimey that's a success story Oz will have to bat again, they are slipping, could this be a c-h-ink in their armour? Do they bowl the odd chinaman?

Ozwash is deffo on...

Saw an interesting graphic during yesterdays play showing the age of the Aussie team. Apart from one player, they were all over 31

Hope for us yet??

swelec said:
Saw an interesting graphic during yesterdays play showing the age of the Aussie team. Apart from one player, they were all over 31

Hope for us yet??

Nah, sadly, as long as we wait for the others to lose we can never be real winners - just the odd flash in the pan to raise our hopes I'm afraid.. Been around too long to be conned by our sporting hero types...
:confused: :(

Australia beat England by 10 wickets
England won the toss and decided to batEngland 1st Innings
291 all out (103.4 overs) England 2nd Innings
147 all out (58.0 overs)
Australia 1st Innings
393 all out (96.3 overs) Australia 2nd Innings
46 for 0 (10.5 overs)
Old Warney knocked up 70 odd topscoring for OZ in 1st innings .. and he is arguably the world's top bowler !!
Blady OZWASH ...

Never mind :D

Got the one day series to look forward to now :?: :?:

swelec said:
Never mind :D

Got the one day series to look forward to now :?: :?:

Could we actually qualify- if needed? Recall some old Oz sledging about, 'should England be allowed to compete at the top?' They know precisley how to tweak the tail and we fall for it every time .. Except that Somerset boy who used to give 'em some stick !!

YIPEEEEEEE all the lost hours sleep have been worth it, we dont need a south african in our side to win a match.... HOLD IT we beat NZ NOT the aussies :D :D :D

Make 'em 'row' home using a cricket bat, yep, just one !!

Sponsored Links
Back