Is sport being harmed by TV deals?

M

Mickymoody

You hear on the news, the cricket scores, latest Rugby scores...but no TV action.

The best of football, not allowed to watch Premiership football on TV, why?

When the rest of the world are allowed to view?

Ooh - do I buy a ticket for £45 or watch on TV? There is no argument, watch it live. So rights don't exist.

Sponsored Links
Not entirely sure that it is free to view elsewhere globally.

Also not sure what you mean by "So rights don't exist" since nobody is forcing you to watch it. By requesting that you pay to view the product of their skills and labours, they aren't infringing on your "rights" any more than if someone asked you to pay for the food that they cooked for you :confused:

The trick is to not give a damn about sport.

I think what Micky is getting at is Rupert Murdoch's apparent monopoly of Premiership Football. For this he does have a point. Once Murdoch has the absolute monopoly, he can then charge whatever he wants to allow punters to see it on TV.

Sponsored Links
I think what Micky is getting at is Rupert Murdoch's apparent monopoly of Premiership Football. For this he does have a point. Once Murdoch has the absolute monopoly, he can then charge whatever he wants to allow punters to see it on TV.
This may be the case but knowing Micky, it is essential to read what he writes in precise detail and make a judgement as to what he alludes to. I may be wrong but although the title suggests one thing, his op seemed to focus on the concept of it being some kind of basic human right to watch sport.

I may be wrong but although the title suggests one thing, his op seemed to focus on the concept of it being some kind of basic human right to watch sport.

I think you may have missed out for "free".

Maybe the op can clarify in what he meant, whether he wants to watch for free or is happy to pay his £45.

Thats going to open several debates which meander without actually being proved.

As a contribution, does a overpaid poof who trips over a blade of grass make any noise if the camera is pointing the other way?

Ooh - do I buy a ticket for £45 or watch on TV? There is no argument, watch it live. So rights don't exist.
Does that mean that you pay your £45 to watch footy?
If so, how can you afford it as I thought that you were on the dole?

Sponsored Links
Back