CSCS

CSCS has got NOTHING to do with your Practical work it is not a trade card But it has got EVERYTHING to do With Health & Safety At Work and that is it the idea is that you have to show the site manager your card before starting work on a site contreolled by CDM regs in reallity in the 8 years i have held a CSCS Gold card NOT ONE site has asked to see it and on a Wimpy Jobe that i offered the card as evidence of my competence they rejected it and i had to undertake Wimpy induction training (1 1/2 hours) so i could go into a completed house to do a 20 minuite warranty job for a boiler manufacturer :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
CSCS has got NOTHING to do with your Practical work it is not a trade card But it has got EVERYTHING to do With Health & Safety At Work and that is it the idea is that you have to show the site manager your card before starting work on a site contreolled by CDM regs in reallity in the 8 years i have held a CSCS Gold card NOT ONE site has asked to see it and on a Wimpy Jobe that i offered the card as evidence of my competence they rejected it and i had to undertake Wimpy induction training (1 1/2 hours) so i could go into a completed house to do a 20 minuite warranty job for a boiler manufacturer :rolleyes:

Yeah, I thought that it was someone out to make some cash.
I got a letter basically telling me my qualifications needed updating and a leaflet which seemed to to be saying nothing of the sort and yes it does mention that I will have to pass a H&S test.

It makes me smile to read so many right wing comments about how good Mrs Thatcher was!

Even though she was several decades ago she managed to be remembered as a right wing icon who supported the super hod ( thats before the superhodski came into the UK ).

Amusing that all the later right wing politicians have been forgotten like Mr Major, Mr Blair and Mr Cameron.

Tony

None of them had it in for the working class quite like Thacher did though Tony.
I can well rember her having a right strop at the building societies for not throwing the miners out of their homes during the miners strike of 84.

If the Argies had never invaded the faulklands she would never have got a 2nd term in office let alone a 3rd.

Sponsored Links
Miners, one of the biggest drains of the UK finances, total wasters, just like British leyland and the like, all controlled by unions and expected something for nothing, that is why they are gone, Magaret Thatcher brought the UK into the 20th Century, before her we were so far behind the times, take the old post Office for the telephone network, that was so antiquated it was unbelievable, we did not have digital telephones, although the USA had them from the 1970's, British Telecom are now a world renowed telecoms company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back