Cushy job for life, anyone?

Sponsored Links
Then why even bring it up?

I didn't. You brought it up - how many times in the last fifty years?

How many PMs of every shade have backed down on promises made, I can't think of a single one.
That was not the question.

Enshrining it in law makes it less likely no?
No. He can change it just as easily.

As I said, it's a sop - to make you think what you are thinking.

As I said, it's a sop - to make you think what you are thinking.

Equally it could be a sop to make you think what you're thinking, we'll have to wait and see wont we.

Sponsored Links
Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, deploy the same tactics.

The problem with you left wing nutters is that when something happens like:
1. The Conservatives win the election by a ridiculously large margin because they've made pledges and vowed to honour the will of the electorate.

You guys just can't accept that that, you search for dubious ****** articles on the net that prove nothing and claim everything else is lies, and anyone who believes it is stupid.

2. The Conservatives have stated that we are leaving the eu on the 31st jan and negotiations for a trade deal will expire at the end of 2020 and that will be written into law.

You guys just can't accept that that, you search for dubious ****** articles on the net that prove nothing and claim everything else is lies, and anyone who believes it is stupid.

3. The conservatives pledge a huge financial increase to the NHS (written into law) and make a pledge to increase nursing levels by another huge amount.

I've got news for you Che Notch, you're the stupid one, you were proved spectacularly wrong last week, you'll be proved spectacularly wrong every week for the next year.
Give it up mate, you're starting to look foolish.
Alternatively, you could do what Ellal did and say I'm leaving this 'orrible stupid racist leaver country and heading for the 'sunny uplands' of the eu.
Turns out he was only joking, apparently there is no sunny uplands.

Oh dear, youve been triggered, your anger is making you post nonsense.

Please calm down and reflect on what youve written......its not exactly putting you in a good light.

I can’t see any point in starting the official opposition in GD in place of the Labour Party. The general election was the measure and reset.

If you rant 24/7 nobody will listen. I can’t think of any more simple models to explain the 50k nurses scenario. The bath water is probably the best one.

So if you own a bath plug, why haven't you been using it for the last nine years?

So you are saying 19,000 staff that may be retained will be paid double.
Is that how Tories are confident about retaining them.
You've completely lost me with that one.

Suffice to say, the tories have promised 50,000 more nurses than they have now. How they deliver that number is to some degree irrelevant to the pledge they've made.

I don't care if they've invented a nurse making machine that makes 50,000 new nurses. They have pledged to increase nurses by 50,000. That means they will have to pay 50,000 more nurse salaries.

If they can reduce the number of nurses that leave the NHS as part of their strategy to increase overall numbers, then great. That would mean less training costs.

If they can't improve the retention rate then they will have to recruit more. Either way, there will be 50,000 more nurses employed by the NHS so the salary bill will go up by 50,000 nurses.

I can’t think of any more simple models to explain the 50k nurses scenario

It is a lie
What is it you dont understand.

Johnson and his cabinet are liars, the Conservative campaign was full of dishonesty.

The country hased voted in a leader totally lacking in integrity to deliver a brexit which is not deliverable.

We can expect 5 years of lies and propaganda, if you support the lie about 50,000 nurses no doubt you will fully applaud the
You've completely lost me with that one.

Suffice to say, the tories have promised 50,000 more nurses than they have now. How they deliver that number is to some degree irrelevant to the pledge they've made.

I don't care if they've invented a nurse making machine that makes 50,000 new nurses. They have pledged to increase nurses by 50,000. That means they will have to pay 50,000 more nurse salaries.

If they can reduce the number of nurses that leave the NHS as part of their strategy to increase overall numbers, then great. That would mean less training costs.

If they can't improve the retention rate then they will have to recruit more. Either way, there will be 50,000 more nurses employed by the NHS so the salary bill will go up by 50,000 nurses.

Oh please, dont be so silly.

If you employ 100 people today and you manage to persuade those 100 people to stay your wage bill is 100 people

2019 Nurses in NHS 290,000. Wage bill = 290,000 nurses salaries.

19,000 nurses decide to leave wage bill = 271,000 nurses salaries
19,000 nurses are pursuaded not to leave = 290,000 nurses salaries.

290,000 - 290,000 = 0
No difference to wage bill.

Tory manifesto mentioned nothing about retention, it states 50,000 more nurses.

More means more
The word more means, more than currently exists today.
Not tomorrow
Not next week
Not in 5 years time.
Today.

290,000 nurses in NHS today.
More means 290,000 + 50,000

Ps, government are working on reducing attrition from around 12% down to 6%, but arent budgeting for any changes to make that reduction.
Experts in healthcare say government have diddly squat chance of achieving a retention of 19,000.

Conservative Prime Minister Johnson said UK would leave the EU on 31st October.

He is a notorious liar.

Suffice to say.
Jeremy Corbyn and Jo Swinson said they would be PM by now..Notorious liars!

So if you own a bath plug, why haven't you been using it for the last nine years?
This isn't a useful question.

9 years ago we had different priorities, different financial considerations, different politics.

Ps, government are working on reducing attrition from around 12% down to 6%, but arent budgeting for any changes to make that reduction.
Experts in healthcare say government have diddly squat chance of achieving a retention of 19,000.

Finally, a relevant argument.

Just because you refuse to accept that the NHS will be receiving extra funds, don't make it so.

NHS will receive an extra 6.2 billion now and a budget increase of 33.9 billion by 2023-24, the biggest increase in the history of the NHS.
It's all in the manifesto mate, read it, it's really a rather good read.

https://vote.conservatives.com/our-priorities/nhs

9 years ago we had different priorities, different financial considerations, different politics.

And one year ago? Two years ago? Three years ago? You didn't care that the NHS was underfunded and under resourced? You didn't care that the increasingly ageing population was putting greater demands that could not be met? You thought it was a good idea to end bursaries for student nurses and charge them to be trained?

Sponsored Links
Back