Cutting an angled slot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to cut an angled slot in some plywood. Its about 1m long, 4mm wide and 8mm deep. It needs to be 30 deg from vertical. My first thought was setting the router up at an angle using a wedge but the bit needs to protrude a bit too far. Maybe a smaller router like that little bosch but I don't need it for much else so can't really justify the expense. I did wonder about using the circular saw but it will take a couple of passes and I'd be worried about ripping the surface of the ply. Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
table saw angle the blade move the fence and adjust the blade depth 2mm for every 3mm the fence is moved

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the part is curved so won't run along the fence without some jigging... also I don't have a table saw. Hand tools only.

what exactly is it for so we can try a bit off lateral thinking :D :D ??

Sponsored Links
Its a plinth. Basically a curved plywood top and bottom, extruded aluminium corners and and sheet aluminium for the walls. The ali is angled in like a pyramid. I want the ali sheet to sit in a groove top and bottom

The ali should sit like this:
part1gm.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back