Daft Question - What size hole for 4 x T&E cables?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Before I get a spark to do all the connections, I'm looking to install the T&E to extend a socket ring into our conservatory.

Its a long story but I need to bring 4 x T&E (2.5) the a wall into a accessible box for jointing. Daft question but what size hole/drill bit would I need to adequately fir these 4 cables? I'm guessing 20mm?

Many thanks,

Damian

Sponsored Links
20mm is just about possible, provided the cables are aligned properly.
25mm would be a far easier choice.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I would say 20mm is tight for 4 x 2.5mm cables. I would be going 25mm.

Incidently - The largest drill I carry is 25mm. I then go upto core drills from 32mm for larger jobs. Anyone use drill bits larger than 25mm?

See if you can get a borrow of an sds drill and best would be 25mm bit, if you need to be really accurate use a smaller drill first and if necessary you can adjust the drilling of the 25mm hole accordingly.

The smaller hole will act as a pilot, but some adjustment is still possible.

I'm working on the unknown theory that the wall is brick, brick render or block

:)

Incidently - The largest drill I carry is 25mm. I then go upto core drills from 32mm for larger jobs. Anyone use drill bits larger than 25mm?

I have a 28mm bit for passing 25mm conduit through walls

I have a 28mm bit for passing 25mm conduit through walls

No unless you like seeing customers faces when you blow great bg bits of brick away

Another reason for doing a pass with a sub 10 mm bit first, then you use the bad boy and go 75% one way and 25% the other. Some walls, well even the most gentle push and it looks like C4 was used ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back