Danesmoor 15/19 lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stupidly, we have managed to drain our oil tank. Having had it re-filled, I have bled the system of air and cleaned the pump filter. I get a healthy flow of oil from the pump (having disconnected the pipe that feeds into the nozzle) but cannot get the burner to operate. The system was working fine before we ran out. I have checked the clearances between the electrodes and the nozzle and both are fine. I there a non-painful/lethal way of checking whether I am actually getting a spark? I do have a Multi-meter but that is all.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to hear a distant "buzz" from the electrodes, as you ran out of oil my cash is on a fouled nozzle (Danfoss 0-55/80*EH) try a new nozzle first ;)

The oil pump on these has its own nylon gauze filter, beneath an allen screw. If you have a look at it, you'll get an idea of how much gunge may have got through from the tank.
John :)

Thanks Boilerman2 & Burnerman. I had cleaned the gauze filter on the pump but did it again for good measure. I tried blowing out the nozzle & pipe with a footpump & now get a burn lasting a few seconds. I assume that you are right about renewing the nozzle. I just hope that this one won't get instantly fouled. Any recommendations of where to get one quickly before I look?
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Partcenter (nationwide) or an indepenant local parts supplier (take your old nozzle with you to make sure you get the right size/spray angle/spray pattern etc etc ;)

Is there a branch of Border Heating up there? The Newcastle branch, and HRPC (parts center) keep them in stock.
The nozzles have a very fine sintered copper filter on the end - if yours has turned black then the nozzle has been in for a while!
If you are getting a momentary burn, go through the oil line bleeding procedure again, in case there is an airlock.
Wishing you luck!

Beaming down to where no boiler has gone before - exploring strange new scenario's and punters from Vulcan.
Live long and prosper :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back